Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

anyone try these? automatic wheel balancers

Old 11-13-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone try these? automatic wheel balancers

ht tp://centramatic.com/Home.aspx

friend of mine ran across them. after doing some research he said they seem to have a really good reputation. the "how it works" video is pretty good at explaining what their product does. i cant seem to find on their product page a size that would fit the JK unless im just not looking at something right.

Last edited by Robar; 11-13-2011 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non-sponsor links
Old 11-13-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pretty cool idea. It looks like it wobbles out of balance at low speed. Wonder how this would be in city driving or stop and go traffic.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I'll stick with old school. Keep it simple
Old 11-13-2011, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

well it looked like it wobbled at low speed in all situations, with out magnet, with magnet, with magnet and balancing do-dad, without magnet and balancing do-dad... i just kinda chalked that up to something with their wheel spinnin' mechanism.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

These seem like a gimmick to me. Go to their site and you will see they are making claims that a tire went 221,325 miles using their product and 8-10% lower tire temp. What they don't tell you is that tire was recapped (probably multiple times). If they retread a tire you can get more miles out of it but most JK owners are not retreading their tires. I don't believe for a minute that any tire will last that long with no retread and just using these balancers. If someone really believe these claims im sure they could buy an air intake that will give their JK 50 mpg in the city.

I will stick with the old weight system. No gimmick there.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

These are great product for balanceing oversize tires that can be very hard to balance and keep balanced. Low speed balanceing is not as big deal as it is at high speeds. Many hardcore off roaders would running anything else. But these are very expensive, a cheap easy way is to put a half pound of the plastic bb's in your tire's and it work just like this would. I know becasue I am running the bb's in my tires right now.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

^i had read about that method either here or on a diff jk forum.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run these in my big rig, and love them. Thats what they were originally designed for and yes you do get extra mileage on your tires from using these. It works the same way the old balancing systems use, the bean bag in the tire! They make them for motorbikes also, and they seem to love em
Old 11-13-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

The other option is that balancing sand. I have heard many good things about it.

Quick Reply: anyone try these? automatic wheel balancers