Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone tried to paint their Black Plastic Fenders?

Old 02-24-2008, 04:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried to paint their Black Plastic Fenders?

Has anybody tried to paint their Black Plastic Fenders to match the rest of the Jeep? If so, send over some Pics...I'm considering.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

bump......
Old 02-25-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

I didn't paint o match with anything, what I did was I rhino lined them so they look a little rugged. Unfortunatly I havn't learned how to post pics up here yet but if you click on my link below this it should bring you to my gallery pics. I hope this helps
Old 02-25-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

I asked a buddy who has a body shop... he didn't think the fenders would look very good and the paint probably wouldn't adhere well since they are so flexible and all. I was wanting to paint the top and fenders khaki instead of black.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cowboy49
I asked a buddy who has a body shop... he didn't think the fenders would look very good and the paint probably wouldn't adhere well since they are so flexible and all. I was wanting to paint the top and fenders khaki instead of black.
X2 on that. I also have a friend that owns a body shop. He said the paint would look very dull. It is because of the rough surface, the paint and clear coat will sit in the rough spots causing it to look dull.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:41 AM
JK Jedi Master

Look here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/fender-flares-30076/
Old 02-25-2008, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default flares

you have to add the flex agent to the paint and if you prepare them the way you are suppose to, the paint will stick. i have 3 coats of paint and 2 coats of clear. also, my paint was baked onto the fender for a few minutes almost like when you put a lighter onto your boot when you spit shine them. you bake the kiwi onto the boot so it adheres to the boot. heres my pic

Quick Reply: Anyone tried to paint their Black Plastic Fenders?