Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone tried this chip?

Old 11-10-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried this chip?

I was looking at a new superchip for my '08 and I stumbled on this:

w w w.performancechipsdirect.

They guarantee a lifetime warranty, and customer satisfaction or they'll give your money back. For 60$ I might just have to give it a try then return it if I don't like it. Whatchu guys think?

Last edited by 07rubisteve; 11-10-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: No direct links to non-sponsors as per forum rules
Old 11-10-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Oh, and I'm aware that those statistics are fake. +60 hp and 7 mpg? Nice try
Old 11-10-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

All those MAF sensor chips do is tell the PCM that the air coming in is really cold, and to ramp up the fuel injectors. Usually, the money back guarantee is limits to 30-60 days and you need a dyno test to prove it. In any case, it will make you run rich and decrease mpg.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Try a quick internet search!!!

Seriously, it took me about 15 seconds to find a page full of outstanding reviews for this product...

their chips do not work and just try to get that rma# so you can get a refund,it will not happen you will not get a refund.it is a gimmik,scam or whatever you wish to call it,i also reported them on Rip Off Report.com
I am an electronics expert and computer engineer and the so called chips that they are trying to sell you is only a simple 2 dollar diod with a switch. The diod typically does not do anything to most cars and could cause your car to run improperly over time. i recommend you stay away from chips such as this and stick with jet performance or similar brands. This site is selling a 2 dollar wire for 70 dollars that doesnt even effect most vehicles. Buy a real performance module. You may spend more money but it is very worth it.
I placed an order for a performance chip from this website. Only after I received it and learned what kind of chip it was I was able to research it and learned that it was not a good product to install on your car and could cause some damage. Could not find anything good about it. I wanted a refund and they emailed me to go ahead and send it back.. I sent it back priority mail so that I would know it was delivered, but they never gave me a refund. I have contacted them and they say they have no record of my order. They are listed under "Engine performance chips" . They are crooked and fradulent! That is what I think of this website. BEWARE!!

Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...
Old 11-10-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dronac
All those MAF sensor chips do is tell the PCM that the air coming in is really cold, and to ramp up the fuel injectors. Usually, the money back guarantee is limits to 30-60 days and you need a dyno test to prove it. In any case, it will make you run rich and decrease mpg.
He's right, and running rich significantly decreases the life of cats/O2 sensors.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

We did this over at a dodge site for our trucks. All it is, is an EOL rated to trick the computer telling it that the air is 10-20 degrees cooler thatn it really was. You can gt them at Radio Shack for lie a $1 for a few. The trick is, to find the right resistance to work.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure you will get you 60 bucks back (maybe....) but what about your fried ECU and blown motor?

Rule is STAY AWAY FROM THAT CRAP!
Old 11-11-2010, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Her's a link to a guy that made an adjuster for the MAP sensor on a 4.0, same concept different sensor.

Adjustable MAP
Old 11-11-2010, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

stay away im tellin ya
Old 11-11-2010, 02:11 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

For 60$ I might just have to give it a try then return it if I don't like it. Whatchu guys think?
Read some of the other reviews online, there are plenty of pics of these things. Ya know, guys that found out it was crap, tried to return it, got ignored by the company, so they cut it open and posted pics. It's a resister with 2 wires.

But hey, it's only $60. (and a new engine...)

Quick Reply: Anyone tried this chip?