Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone with Teraflex 2.5 springs lift and Rancho 9000XL?

Old 02-09-2010, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with Teraflex 2.5 springs lift and Rancho 9000XL?

Hello,
I currently have Rough Country 2.5 lift (rough country shocks and spacers for the springs). It has been performing well on road and desert (soft sand) but once i got on mountain trail (nothing huge) the ride quality was absolutely terrible and hard. My brother theory is that since i have the spacers, the springs are squished down and not as flexable resulting in bad quality ride.

So now i am thinking to get new 2.5 teraflex springs and couple it with rancho 9000xl a friend has.

I would like to hear about your experience with this setup AND if you needed to use the adapters that come with the spring kit.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

the teraflex coils will offer a nice ride and the rancho 9000's are adjustable so you should be able to dial them to a point where you like it on pavement and off pavement.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you wayoflife for sharing your thoughts.

Quick Reply: Anyone with Teraflex 2.5 springs lift and Rancho 9000XL?