Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone switched from AEV to Rock Krawler?

Old 03-05-2015, 06:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MC is starting to make it's way into my mind. In my area I only know of one person running MC, but I've been checking out Texas groups since considering a move down there and MC seems way more popular down that way.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by etl330
MC is starting to make it's way into my mind. In my area I only know of one person running MC, but I've been checking out Texas groups since considering a move down there and MC seems way more popular down that way.
I don't personally run MC but I've heard they are amazing on road and off. When it's time to upgrade my lift, that's the one I'm most likely going with. The parts shop I deal with has nothing but great things to say about them. Specifically their joints on the control arms
Old 03-05-2015, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was a Rock Krawler fan boy until Metal Cloak arrived. I now like both equally well for different reasons.
I think they both have their place, depending on how the rig is used or more accurately customer priorities.
My rig is a daily driver (130 miles a day) and occasional weekend warrior (2 times a month max., more like once a month) and having had solid joints in the past (and to this day in my Mustang) I wanted NVH minimized. MC with it's "rubber" bushings for me. My XJ was daily driver (9 miles a day) and more trail focused. Solid joints on it, and life was really quite fine.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:57 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike H.
MC with it's "rubber" bushings for me. My XJ was daily driver (9 miles a day) and more trail focused. Solid joints on it, and life was really quite fine.
My thoughts exactly. If it's a dedicated trail rig or something that sees off-road more than it sees pavement, solid joints no problem but you really can't go wrong with the MC's. Vibration is isolated and great flex. I personally like the gold accents underneath

Quick Reply: Anyone switched from AEV to Rock Krawler?