Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

anyone with SSRs?

Old 09-24-2008, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone with SSRs?

i just did a search and the best match is over a year old, so here goes.....

anyone running Swamper SSRs? how many miles? what's the tread wear like? on-road manners? wet weather traction on pavement? you get the idea.

This is my daily driver. I currently have 34" LTBs for the trail and 285 A/Ts for the road. but it gets to be a pain in the a$$ swapping back & forth. so i'm looking for a tire with a good mix of performance on & off road. I am also considering Truxxus MTs, so anyone running those feel free to chime in.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 37" SSR and they are a pretty good tire so far. They are suprisingly quiet on the highway for a Super Swamper. They work extremely well off road, especial at low PSI. The side walls are quite resistant in load range E.

As far as durability, I´m not so sure yet. I only have 3000 miles on them. The only issue I see is that the rubber is kind of soft. In sharp rocks, you might lose some chunks of rubber from the tread. This soft rubber might lead to a faster tread wear, but so far so good.

Here´s some user reviews of the tire, plus many others brands as well:

ww w.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/SuperSwamperSSR_TSL.htm

ww w.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/MT-Mud_Terrains.htm

ww w.4wheeloffroad.com/techarticles/mud_tires_tested/index.html

ww w.jeepreviews.com/jeep-parts-review/22/tire-reviews/

ht tp://coloradok5.com/ssr.shtml

Quick Reply: anyone with SSRs?