Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone seen Tomken tire carrier?

Old 01-30-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone seen Tomken tire carrier?

I was searching around the Quadratec website and stumbled upon a "Tomken" products bolt-on tire carrier. I think that it may fit on my Olympic Rock bumper and it's only $279. I have to get that steelie and 35 off the tailgate...

Anyone got any experience with this companies products?

Old 01-30-2009, 11:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tomken is good stuff! I had a ton of their products on my old TJ. Great people to deal with too.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nukeman
Tomken is good stuff! I had a ton of their products on my old TJ. Great people to deal with too.
I'll 2nd that...I had a bunch of their stuff on my TJ too!
Old 01-31-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been looking at their stuff too. I know they make quality products. They've got some great accessories for that tire carrirer also. I also was looking at the Olympic rear bumper. How do you like it? Is it at least 2" x 4" like Tomken states in order to accept the tire carrier? Going this route would be a great alternative for me and maybe a lot of us. Can't see spending $1000+ on a bumper/tire carrier right now.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Jedi

The Olympic rear "rock" bumper is 2x4 and pretty heavy steel. I emailed Tomken to see how the carrier mounted. If I can just drill the bumper and mount it I will. Since I bought the bumper a long time ago I only paid $230 for it. With the carrier, it will only total $510. I think they are charging $295 for the bumper now though so the total will be around $580 for the setup.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

My parents just happen to have a house about 15 minutes from Tomken's shop. I stopped by and talked to Jeff, the owner, earlier today. The swingout has been used on other bumpers before, he just said to watch out for the bumper brackets when installing it. He has also welded one on before. Their bumpers look great, and he is always willing to do stuff a little custom if you want. They also have a new skid plate for the rubicon swaybar that is under $100. Give him a call, he is always willing to talk.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:41 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by km2jk
My parents just happen to have a house about 15 minutes from Tomken's shop. I stopped by and talked to Jeff, the owner, earlier today. The swingout has been used on other bumpers before, he just said to watch out for the bumper brackets when installing it. He has also welded one on before. Their bumpers look great, and he is always willing to do stuff a little custom if you want. They also have a new skid plate for the rubicon swaybar that is under $100. Give him a call, he is always willing to talk.
I talked to him today and got the measurements for the carrier. It looks like it will work on my rear bumper, I may bolt it on and weld it for reinforcement on the passenger's side. I am just going to have to test the rear bumper to see if it can take the weight.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by armycop
I talked to him today and got the measurements for the carrier. It looks like it will work on my rear bumper, I may bolt it on and weld it for reinforcement on the passenger's side. I am just going to have to test the rear bumper to see if it can take the weight.
Post pictures when you're done or, while you do it!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

May have to take a short road trip down to Buena Vista, CO. to pay em a visit.......save on shipping.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MELONHED
May have to take a short road trip down to Buena Vista, CO. to pay em a visit.......save on shipping.

If you do that try to go on a weekend and we can run Chinamans Gulch. Its a lot of fun this time of year.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen Tomken tire carrier?