Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone see these new mirror relocation brackets?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone see these new mirror relocation brackets?

I was wondering if anyone has seen or has these mirror relocation brackets:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_102.htm

Do you think that passenger mirror location is actually usable???
Old 02-21-2008, 08:51 PM
JK Newbie

I don't know about you, but I like my stock mirrors in the location they are when the doors are on. I would assume you are looking to relocate the mirrors when the doors are off. In that case I would recomend the following mirrors

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13023_300.htm

they install and unistall very easily. I have them and they are great.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wopdego
I don't know about you, but I like my stock mirrors in the location they are when the doors are on. I would assume you are looking to relocate the mirrors when the doors are off. In that case I would recomend the following mirrors

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13023_300.htm

they install and unistall very easily. I have them and they are great.
Ya I have to agree with you on that one.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by troyboy
I was wondering if anyone has seen or has these mirror relocation brackets:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_102.htm

Do you think that passenger mirror location is actually usable???
Are they new or are they the same Rugged Ridge Mirror Movers many people complained about vibration issues last year? Supposedly there was some confusion about how much to tighten the mirror to the mover.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

''somebody'' ?
Old 02-22-2008, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I will have them soon

I bought these from Quadratec yesterday. They should come in on Tuesday the 26th. I will post pics of the install how they look. I like the look of the stock mirrors and have my doors off a lot so these should come in handy.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs down

I GOT THEM, AND HATE THEM!!!! They are are from Rugged Ridge. I received them, and the directions were all wrong, and called back, was then sent "revised" directions. You can only see 2" of the passenger side mirror with the doors on. I think that there could be a better design. If you get them make sure you get the directions that have "REVISED" on them, otherwise you will strip the threads out of the bottom of your mirror. They changed what bolts go where, and don't follow the pictures, they are all wrong. Sorry just venting. Good Luck!
Old 05-04-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to install my mirror movers today. The stock bolts that hold the mirror to the door absolutely do not fit into the block off plates that come with the mirror movers. I would have to REALLY force the bolts into the blockoff plate ( rethreading them to fit by force ). The bolts they give with the kit to attach the new mount to the Jeep windshield frame do not fit the blockoff plate either. I know they make/sell tons of these, am I the only one that got block off plates with a different thread?

I'm not the only one...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/rugged-ridge-mirror-relocation-brackets-wtf-need-help-39129/

Last edited by davidwm71; 05-04-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

I think I remember someone posting that they went into a local auto parts store and bought a cheap set of mirrors and they threaded right into the existing holes on the windshield brackets

I tried a couple different ones and couldn't find one that works. Both had the same size threads but one wasn't long enough and the other didn't allow for enough adjustment to be usable.

Quick Reply: Anyone see these new mirror relocation brackets?