Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone runs 35/12.5/15 BFG tires?

Old 02-28-2011, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone runs 35/12.5/15 BFG tires?

I was wondering if anyone here runs BFG MT2 in 35/12.5/15 tires on 2.5" of lift?
Last Saturday we had a 4Wheel parts, huge expo, and I purchased bunch of staff including wheels based on the research and member's input (thank you all). Wheels are ProComp Xtreme Alloys Series 8069 Black Finish they are 15" by 10 wide with back spacing 3.65.
Also there were BFG guys on site and they sold me 4 BFG MT2 tires in the above specified sizes. However, postmortem, I started to think that these are very wide tires and got a bit scared. Just want to make sure before I pick up both wheels and tires that this set up is working and someone actually running it on his/her rig.
Thanks.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran that set up with pro comp xtreme mt's for a couple of years. I have a 1" BL and flat flares and did not extend my bump stops so I didn't have any rubbing issues. If you run stock fenders you will need to extend your bump stops so you should be fine.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I plan to cut my stock fenders.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run 35/12.5/15 BFG KM2's and I have a 2.5 lift. I have had no problem with rubbing. I was told a lot that I would rub at full flex but I don't. I plan on cutting my fenders but I have to grow the balls to do it.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by medic_23387
I run 35/12.5/15 BFG KM2's and I have a 2.5 lift. I have had no problem with rubbing. I was told a lot that I would rub at full flex but I don't. I plan on cutting my fenders but I have to grow the balls to do it.
What wheels do you run these BFGs on?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cut them fenders! It's ultra easy , even if you have no mechanical experience. Read all the how to's on here and get to hacking. I suggest a jigsaw, sawzall is just too much for such and easy mod
Old 02-28-2011, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rusman161
Cut them fenders! It's ultra easy , even if you have no mechanical experience. Read all the how to's on here and get to hacking. I suggest a jigsaw, sawzall is just too much for such and easy mod
I am cutting my fenders for sure, just don't know what tool best to use to make them look factory like aftewards. I thought, maybe dremel with thin cutting disk.
This Saturday I've attended 4wheel drive expo and seen couple of jeeps on the parking lot with the cut fenders and I must say it was job poor done. However, there was I think ProComp jeep in the expo with the cut stock fenders, and that was awesome job. I asked three times three different people at that booth to make sure that it is indeed stock fenders cut out and that they did it themselves.

Quick Reply: Anyone runs 35/12.5/15 BFG tires?