Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone running a York Compressor?

Old 10-15-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running a York Compressor?

Im going to be installing a York compressor and was wondering if anyone running a York can post pics of how its mounted. Im going to be making my own mounts and I kind of have an idea of how I want to do it, but sometimes molding multiple ideas is better than just thinking you know the best way.

So any ideas, pics, or suggestions would be great!

Thanks,
Jared
Old 10-15-2010, 08:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about getting some mount action from:
h t t p://www.onboardair.com/KE-2200-K.htm

Did a couple of installs on a Cummins and their kits are nice (Whole kit of course) but maybee you can get some mounts from em?
Old 10-16-2010, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Off Road Only

Check out Off Road Only... they build and sell the AiROCK kits and have mounts and what not for York on the JK. I wheel with them, they are good folk.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Air Compressor Mount

I went with the Kilby on board air. They use a York compressor. They provide all the brackets and pulleys needed. It makes for a nice install. I put the air manifold in front of the battery on a brackegt I fabricated. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will. The only thing I changed was the air out hose. The rubber hose got too hot so I changed it out to Airequip hose. Good luck!
Old 10-17-2010, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cgrace12
Check out Off Road Only... they build and sell the AiROCK kits and have mounts and what not for York on the JK. I wheel with them, they are good folk.
This might be a good route. Its still $200 for just the brackets, but it would definitely save a ton of time. I like to make things myself just for the challenge of it, but its going to take a lot of time. I just cant justify spending $1200 on an air system I can put together myself for about $150.

Thanks for the info guys and I'll report back when the OBA is installed and how much I spent.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dezertjeepin
I'll report back when the OBA is installed and how much I spent.
I know its been a while since this post, but I've finally got it all figured out and its almost finished! A complete York OBA system for UNDER $100!

The compressor brackets are finished and installed, all thats left is plumbing it all up. I found a GREAT way to save money so I'll let you in on that when its done too!

Stand by for an update in the next week or so.....
Old 04-08-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dezertjeepin

I know its been a while since this post, but I've finally got it all figured out and its almost finished! A complete York OBA system for UNDER $100!

The compressor brackets are finished and installed, all thats left is plumbing it all up. I found a GREAT way to save money so I'll let you in on that when its done too!

Stand by for an update in the next week or so.....

Any update on the OBA setup? I'm very interested in this. ?
Old 04-15-2011, 12:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bobby T
Any update on the OBA setup? I'm very interested in this. ?
I FINALLY have an update for all you scoundrels interested in this now..... I did an extensive writeup on this in the ummm..... well..... "Write Up's" section, where else?!

Here is the link..... ENJOY!!!!!

YORK OBA for less than $100...

Quick Reply: Anyone running a York Compressor?