Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone running teraflex bumpstops?

Old 07-02-2011, 02:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Anyone running teraflex bumpstops?

Anyone using teraflex replacement bumpstops with a mild lift?
Old 07-02-2011, 03:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the front with about 3-3.5 inches of lift up front. I wouldnt want musch less lift if I was going to use the bumpstop. What does mild lift mean?
Old 07-02-2011, 03:36 AM
JK Junkie

2 - 2.5 ". I was wondering if they were better for off road than the stockers.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U do not have enough lift to use the teraflex bump stops, ur bump stops will be resting on the pad at ride height.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:47 AM
JK Junkie

Right on. I dint know what size they were and if they provided better flex off road or not. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The general rule of thumb seems to be:
ext bumpstop height = lift height

Then you need to factor in stock flares vs flats, tire height, tire width and wheel backspacing (will the tires tuck inside the flares, or hit the outside lip), disconnected or not, etc. Your best bet is to go ahead and install 1 set of front bumpstops with the lift, since they go inside the coils. The rears you can add any time.

I dint know what size they were and if they provided better flex off road or not.
Bumpstops don't provide better flex. They keep your tires from ripping the flares off, and keep the coils and/or shocks from over-compressing.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
The general rule of thumb seems to be:
ext bumpstop height = lift height

Then you need to factor in stock flares vs flats, tire height, tire width and wheel backspacing (will the tires tuck inside the flares, or hit the outside lip), disconnected or not, etc. Your best bet is to go ahead and install 1 set of front bumpstops with the lift, since they go inside the coils. The rears you can add any time.

Bumpstops don't provide better flex. They keep your tires from ripping the flares off, and keep the coils and/or shocks from over-compressing.
X2... I know most kits come with them, with reasoning behind it. With that being said, if you've got them and the rig is apart, you might as well install them...

Quick Reply: Anyone running teraflex bumpstops?