Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone running the rugged ridge extreme rear bumper and tire carrier?

Old 01-21-2011, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running the rugged ridge extreme rear bumper and tire carrier?

Price looks nice. Bumper looks nice. Anyone have it and like it?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

BUMP, anyone have any news on this setup
Old 01-21-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

I got the RR bumper and tire carrier. The old saying "you get what you pay for" fits here. The Combo for the price you cant beat it. If I could afford the $1000+ carriers I would have bought one. I got front and rear RR bumpers for the price of lets say LOD or rock hard. I haven't had issues with mine yet, I know some say it rattles way to much. Would I buy it again if I did it all over.... most likely not. Wish they offered a something to mount a hi lift or a jerry can. But I would recommend it if you were on a budget and couldn't afford the others.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:52 AM
JK Freak

I've got it. Actually, I got it used from another forum member, and I've had no problems at all. I don't have any rattles, etc.
I did have a glitch with the handle (though it didn't impede on the function). It was an earlier one, RR mailed me the newer replacement handle.

I wasn't set on this one from the beginning, as I said, the opportunity showed itself, and I took it. Got it for a great price.

I do wish there was a place for rear fog lights like some of the other ones have; but thats just me. As I stated in the beginning, I am happy with it.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't have any problems with my rear bumber and carrier. No rattles at all. Granted, I've only had it for about 2 months and mine is not a daily driver. I have found that the two tabs that push against the rubber bumpers on the gate move from time to time. I loosen the bolts and slide them back. These need to be tight against the rubber bumpers or it will vibrate some. I love the RR front and rear and would buy again.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As far as I know, Rugged Ridge does have a Hi-Lift mountng bracket that works on the XHD bumper...sold separately.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:50 PM
jdk
JK Freak

I have the RR bumper and tire carrier, looks great but it does rattle and I have had to work on the handle about a year into it to keep it from swinging open as I was driving down the road. Also it was shipped with the wrong studs in the tire carrier for the jeep lug nuts. All in all looks great but would look at something for my money.

Quick Reply: Anyone running the rugged ridge extreme rear bumper and tire carrier?