Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone running the Rugged Ridge Engine/Trans Skid on a 13' Rubicon?

Old 02-23-2014, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone running the Rugged Ridge Engine/Trans Skid on a 13' Rubicon?

So I have a 13' Rubicon with the 2.5 RK lift and was looking to get a engine/trans skid before I head out on a few wheeling trips. Found the rugged ridge on one amazon for a crazy deal, but the 2 reviews on it from amazon were not that good. Anyone running it or have experience? Im kinda wanting to give it a try since the price is so good right now. I recently installed the Rugged Ridge front skid plate and it installed fine and fit good.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexjeepVb
So I have a 13' Rubicon with the 2.5 RK lift and was looking to get a engine/trans skid before I head out on a few wheeling trips. Found the rugged ridge on one amazon for a crazy deal, but the 2 reviews on it from amazon were not that good. Anyone running it or have experience? Im kinda wanting to give it a try since the price is so good right now. I recently installed the Rugged Ridge front skid plate and it installed fine and fit good.
I run one on my 2012, I have a small BB lift but have the factory style bumpstop set up. I had to trim a chunk out of the driver side mount bracket so the driveshaft didn't hit it at full stuff, but with a lift you may not need to with extended bumpstops.... But it works fine other then it makes a mess when you change the oil....HTH
Old 03-09-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Skid

I think I'm looking at the same one...

$188 free ship seems like a good deal to me, and it wouldn't be my first trimming of a skid plate.

The cooling lines on my auto JK are just way too unprotected.

Anyone have any pics of this installed?!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Have it on my 2012 2dr auto. With a 2.5" lift. Fits just fine. Just follow instructions and dont tighten everything until its all mounted up. Only thing off was one of the rear bolt holes, never got around to drilling a new one. Other than that, does the job for minimal cost. I'll try and snap a pic if I'm done work before sundown.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

I ordered this skid a few weeks ago because I couldn't pass up the deal I got it for on amazon $125+Free shipping. I haven't installed it yet, but it looks like a great skid for the money. Ive been getting some armor for my Rubi in prep for some wheeling trips, and it seems like more of the Rugged Ridge skids seem like a great deal for the quality so far. I also installed their front skid, and have a set of front and rear control arm skids I got off amazon for a steal as well, I think like $77+free shipping, half the price I have seen them anywhere else.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

Ha, I ordered the evo protek system today. I was considering the RR but couldn't find enough info.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Default skid

how did you get it for $125?!

I found it $188 free ship, and got Quadratec to match it... I prefer their customer service and they are in PA... so Amazon or them, I'd have to pay sales tax.

I installed my MOPAR sway bar skid last night... thing was HEAVY. 30lbs heavy... but only attaches with 4 bolts... anyone else think that more bolts = more secure?

I guess I could easily drill 2 more in the front area, I think there are holes in the jeep bumper, I'd just have to drill the skid and buy some bolts...

This thing is mean looking, and well done. I scratched it up a bit installing it, but hey, it's a SKID plate right?! lol...

Hopefully getting back into the 4-wheeling this spring/summer...
Old 03-11-2014, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

I try and look at amazon prices everyday on things I might want because I know they are constantly changing, and when I saw it for 125 I knew that was a deal. Love your name BTW haha, we used to call my roommate scrappy after that squirrel.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Scrat

After seeing the first movie years ago, I thought my life was a lot like this guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etKCHLgW_o0 so I figured Saber Toothed Squirrel was a good name.

He's 'Scrat' in the movies.

I'll get photos of my install, but it's often hard to grab the iPhone mid install as I'm on the ground and my hands are way too dirty to grab my phone.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Today they are $165 free shipping. I jumped on it, hopefully it works okay.

Quick Reply: Anyone running the Rugged Ridge Engine/Trans Skid on a 13' Rubicon?