Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone Running RIPP Log Tube Headers with a Long Arm Lift?

Old 12-23-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
Hmm can you get some pics of where it interferes with the long arm? We have clients who run these on Teraflex and nearly every other kit out there.

RIPPTECH
Teraflex are actually the ones installing it for me, they said it was off by about an inch and had to make some cuts to get it to work somewhere where the y comes together, I'll take some pics when I pick it up. But I think it's not the 3"long arm teraflex kit that's the problem, they said ripp long arm headers didn't fit the vehicle. And I bought the long arm headers for this year and model, that said it was a simple plug-in install. As the teraflex long arm front driver side bracket hits the cat, making it necessary to cut it and rotate it, as I did. Yet it was still to close and knocked, off and on while driving. So hoped this long arm header would fix that, and not create another issue. Excited to drive it. Can't wait! Hear grand things about the headers
Old 12-23-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by vandezy
Teraflex are actually the ones installing it for me, they said it was off by about an inch and had to make some cuts to get it to work somewhere where the y comes together, I'll take some pics when I pick it up. But I think it's not the 3"long arm teraflex kit that's the problem, they said ripp long arm headers didn't fit the vehicle. And I bought the long arm headers for this year and model, that said it was a simple plug-in install. As the teraflex long arm front driver side bracket hits the cat, making it necessary to cut it and rotate it, as I did. Yet it was still to close and knocked, off and on while driving. So hoped this long arm header would fix that, and not create another issue. Excited to drive it. Can't wait! Hear grand things about the headers
That sounds an awful lot like what I had to do to mine. We had to make a cut in the crossover and rotate it toward the center about an inch to clear the new control arm bracket.

When you say hits the cat, are you talking about your factory cats? Because I thought the Ripp Headers that were specifically designed for the long arm application did not come with cat's built into the headers. Did yours come with cat's built in?
Old 12-23-2011, 08:27 PM
JK Newbie

Talking Ya factory cat was hittIng new long arm bracket and sounds like the same cut Teraflex

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
That sounds an awful lot like what I had to do to mine. We had to make a cut in the crossover and rotate it toward the center about an inch to clear the new control arm bracket.

When you say hits the cat, are you talking about your factory cats? Because I thought the Ripp Headers that were specifically designed for the long arm application did not come with cat's built into the headers. Did yours come with cat's built in?

Sorry easy to get confused in here Ya factory cat was hittIng new long arm bracket and sounds like the same cut Teraflex had to make ;+} Should be nice when it's done
Old 12-24-2011, 05:12 AM
JK Freak

Sorry easy to get confused in here Ya factory cat was hittIng new long arm bracket and sounds like the same cut Teraflex had to make ;+} Should be nice when it's done
I with you now. Post some pics after you get her back. Curious to see the difference from my set-up. Did you buy the hush power resonator too? Or do you have a cat-back with the muffler that is an offraod version and takes the place of where the hush power would go?
Old 12-24-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Can't wait to hear how your supercharger goes have one ordered in for my 11 jku manual that I am dying to put in. I put the Teraflex 3"elite low center gravity long a kit on first the oem cat hits the front bracket and has to be cut and rotated. I ordered the new 11 long tube headers for the long arm kit and Teraflex is installing them sounds like the same thing, have the right guys working on it. Can't wait thanks for the help and input, newb to all this stuff outdoor mountain sport for decades dish washer with a love for the outdoors I'll let ya all know the details when I get them.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2578918718.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	256625

Name:	image-3835136926.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	256626

Name:	image-457077802.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	256627

Name:	image-3580201365.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	256628

Name:	image-4033738113.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	256629

So it's the passenger side where it comes down by the long arm bracket the made an adjustment cut weld. But they sound nice seem to perform a bit better had a head wind whole ride. Took nine hours for Teraflex to install. Now time to drive it. Happy holidays all.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:43 AM
JK Freak

Did you swap your Ripp headers because those look like the set with the built in cat's? They look exactly like mine.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Theses are the long arm headers I ordered for 2011;+} they probably are similar since same company hard saying not knowing. How's your supercharger install going chuck ?
Old 12-31-2011, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

Theses are the long arm headers I ordered for 2011;+} they probably are similar since same company hard saying not knowing. How's your supercharger install going chuck ?
Looks like I will install it next weekend. That is the plan. I was waiting for a tranny cooler from ORW. Want to install both at same time.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
Looks like I will install it next weekend. That is the plan. I was waiting for a tranny cooler from ORW. Want to install both at same time.
Had some things fall through can't afford mine now so bummed know of anyone looking for a six speed 2011 I have one new in the box

Quick Reply: Anyone Running RIPP Log Tube Headers with a Long Arm Lift?