Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone Running RIPP Log Tube Headers with a Long Arm Lift?

Old 12-17-2011, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aloha hey clarification question? What year model etc?

I have a 11 jku rubicon just did the teraflex 3"elite LCg long arm and ordered the ripp long arm headers thinking that by the description on the website they fit plug in and go? had to cut and rotate my oem cat to fit the long arm and it's still needs to be rotated ;+} thanks for the info and pictures
Old 12-17-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by vandezy
I have a 11 jku rubicon just did the teraflex 3"elite LCg long arm and ordered the ripp long arm headers thinking that by the description on the website they fit plug in and go? had to cut and rotate my oem cat to fit the long arm and it's still needs to be rotated ;+} thanks for the info and pictures
Did you buy the set specifically for Long Arm Suspensions? I did not. I bought the standard set and had them modified to clear the control arm brackets. I did that because I wanted the high flow cat's. Have you gotten with Ripp for the custom header tune?
Old 12-17-2011, 09:39 AM
GKR
JK Newbie

I know Ripp was thinking about possibly tweeking the y-pipe dimensions a bit. This would allow it to work with short and long arm both.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GKR
I know Ripp was thinking about possibly tweeking the y-pipe dimensions a bit. This would allow it to work with short and long arm both.
I know they sell a set specifically for long arm kits but it they do not come with the high flow cats. Would be nice if they did tweak the angle on the set with cats so people don't have to modify them and can install straight out of the box.

I was curious if you were able to get your factory right side heat shield back over the header tubes? We could not get mine to fit.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:36 AM
GKR
JK Newbie

I had to do some trimming and tweeking to get that one on.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
Did you buy the set specifically for Long Arm Suspensions? I did not. I bought the standard set and had them modified to clear the control arm brackets. I did that because I wanted the high flow cat's. Have you gotten with Ripp for the custom header tune?
Got the long arm ones on order but now confused about them and the cats. Don't think there is a tune with the 11's yet, the aev is used for tires etc for the supercharger I think. Had to cut and rotate my 11 cat for the teraflex kit but love the suspension ;+}
Old 12-17-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Freak

Got the long arm ones on order but now confused about them and the cats. Don't think there is a tune with the 11's yet, the aev is used for tires etc for the supercharger I think. Had to cut and rotate my 11 cat for the teraflex kit but love the suspension ;+}
You can call Ripp and verify this but I went through this whole conversation with them when I purchased mine.

The kit they sell specifically for Jk's with long arm lifts do not have cat's built into the long tubes. There are none. Check on that but I'm pretty sure I am right. I was told the set without the cat's built in are for offroad applications.

So here is the next problem. If you do not install them yourself you may not find an exhaust shop that will because they cannot legally install them. Some shops may install them but they will require you to sign a document that says your vehicle will be used for offraod purposes only.

Someone who has better information please speak up if I am wrong.

This is why I bought the set with cat's built in and had them modified. Want to stay as close to legal as I can.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
You can call Ripp and verify this but I went through this whole conversation with them when I purchased mine.

The kit they sell specifically for Jk's with long arm lifts do not have cat's built into the long tubes. There are none. Check on that but I'm pretty sure I am right. I was told the set without the cat's built in are for offroad applications.

So here is the next problem. If you do not install them yourself you may not find an exhaust shop that will because they cannot legally install them. Some shops may install them but they will require you to sign a document that says your vehicle will be used for offraod purposes only.

Someone who has better information please speak up if I am wrong.

This is why I bought the set with cat's built in and had them modified. Want to stay as close to legal as I can.

Got the set for 2011 jku long arm teraflex said it didn't fit and had to cut it to gt it to go so hoping forthe best, can't wait to drive it should be fun thanks for the help Happy holidays
Old 12-22-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

Keep us updated. I'm sure you'll be happy. To bad Diablosport doesn't have a tune for the 2011s.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got the set for 2011 jku long arm teraflex said it didn't fit and had to cut it to gt it to go so hoping forthe best, can't wait to drive it should be fun thanks for the help Happy holidays
Hmm can you get some pics of where it interferes with the long arm? We have clients who run these on Teraflex and nearly every other kit out there.

RIPPTECH

Quick Reply: Anyone Running RIPP Log Tube Headers with a Long Arm Lift?