Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone running the A/R teflon Chamber rim?

Old 12-24-2007, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running the A/R teflon Chamber rim?

Im looking at possibly purchasing these rims for my Sahara and was wondering if anyone is running them? My concern is that the teflon coating will scratch off easily. Anyone have any input on these rims? If you have pics, I'd love to see them on a JK.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92804_10X_A_PG.htm

Thanks,
Jeeperson

Last edited by Jeeperson; 12-24-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I really like the look of those!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

My Dad is running AR Teflons (not exact rim), but he hasn't had any scratching issues. He's had them for over a year and a half.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good lookin...

I was debating this rim and DC-1(Cepek) 16x8...but i went with the black DC-1at $140 a piece. For me, black on black rims is alittle tooo Secret Service style.
Ordered them tonight, going to be mounted on 315/75/16s

Good luck!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

I've had them for 3 months now with no problems. I havn't done any major wheeling so I dont know about the teflon falling off but its gonna be the same for any rim you get. They do what they are advertised to do in terms of keeping mud from sticking and also everyone loves them (I've refered 5 people to the shop I got them from).
Old 01-14-2008, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkwalker
I've had them for 3 months now with no problems. I havn't done any major wheeling so I dont know about the teflon falling off but its gonna be the same for any rim you get. They do what they are advertised to do in terms of keeping mud from sticking and also everyone loves them (I've refered 5 people to the shop I got them from).
Pics would be much appreciated
Old 01-14-2008, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have AR Mojave in Teflon on my XJ and TJ. My wife and I have turned a few rocks over and only three of the ten wheels we have are in perfect condition now. The scratches can be touched up with regular paint if you are not too fussy about color matching.

The worst thing about the teflon paint is balancing. Balance weights don't stick to it although tire fitters are certain it does. As soon as you get to about 40mph they will start flinging off. You have to grind off all of the paint where the weights will stick to the wheel to get any long lasting adhesion.

I used DynaBeads for a while. I found that they work if you only air up with CO2 or drive in a hot climate all year round. Mine got contaminated with compressor oil at a gas station and stuck to the inside of the tire throwing every wheel out of balance.

Would I buy them again. Yes, they are great wheels and easy to clean.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vince
I have AR Mojave in Teflon on my XJ and TJ. My wife and I have turned a few rocks over and only three of the ten wheels we have are in perfect condition now. The scratches can be touched up with regular paint if you are not too fussy about color matching.

The worst thing about the teflon paint is balancing. Balance weights don't stick to it although tire fitters are certain it does. As soon as you get to about 40mph they will start flinging off. You have to grind off all of the paint where the weights will stick to the wheel to get any long lasting adhesion.

I used DynaBeads for a while. I found that they work if you only air up with CO2 or drive in a hot climate all year round. Mine got contaminated with compressor oil at a gas station and stuck to the inside of the tire throwing every wheel out of balance.

Would I buy them again. Yes, they are great wheels and easy to clean.

Great info. Thanks!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:58 PM
JK Freak

Any pictures??????????

Would this be a deal breaker, if you can't get the wheel weights to stick. These wheels are in the running, both the chamber and mojave. Want a wheel that cleans up easily with all of the crap that's on the roads during the winter.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rebel Heart
Any pictures??????????
Originally Posted by Zonk 1/75

American Racing Mojave with TeflonŽ (Series 3981)

American Racing Chamber with TeflonŽ (Series 3985)

from another thread........................

Quick Reply: Anyone running the A/R teflon Chamber rim?