Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone running the JE Reel front DS w stock flanges?

Old 03-13-2012, 10:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running the JE Reel front DS w stock flanges?

Was shopping for a new front DS and saw that JE Reel offered one with the use of the stock axle/T-case flanges. Anyone using this DS with a RK 2.5 lift? http://www.quadratec.com/products/52301_9060.htm

There fixed link.

Last edited by Topkicker1; 03-14-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

so you know, the link you posted is for a rear shaft. either way, i would recommend that you NOT use the factory flanges but rather, get replacement yokes especially up front. yokes will allow for better operating angles and will reduce your chances of getting driveline vibrations.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have these in my to-do list front and rear. I like doing everything myself but I Dont think ill be able to loosen/tighten pinion nuts easily so I was looking into these replacements. Im waiting to hear on some reviews too.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
so you know, the link you posted is for a rear shaft. either way, i would recommend that you NOT use the factory flanges but rather, get replacement yokes especially up front. yokes will allow for better operating angles and will reduce your chances of getting driveline vibrations.
#2 questions. 1. If you used flanges in the rear on a JKU, given the length of that driveshaft, do you think flanges would make much of a difference since the angles are not too steep? 2. Why does Reel use flanges in the first place?

Last edited by Ryanc; 03-14-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryanc
#2 questions. 1. If you used flanges in the rear on a JKU, given the length of that driveshaft, do you think flanges would make much of a difference since the angles are not too steep? 2. Why does Coast use flanges in the first place?
Any opinion with stock flanges for the rear?

Quick Reply: Anyone running the JE Reel front DS w stock flanges?