Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone running Detroit in their 4dr D44?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running Detroit in their 4dr D44?

I am curious if anyone is running a Detroit Locker in the rear end of their 4dr? I am thinking about lockers and might go this route in the rear end and put a selectable up front. Anyone run the Detroit in their D44 (non Rubi)? I've heard about street manners, but was thinking with the weight and wheelbase of the 4dr JK and the auto tranny it might be less of an issue. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's what I plan to run in mine. I've run them in a host of other street/race/4x4 stuff and never had a problem. Not one.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

Seems like you would put the auto locker in the front and the selectable in the rear. That would fully address any road manners issues. You can get a "luncbox" auto locker for the front Dana 30 and they are very reliable. Work similar to a Detroit.

Just a thought....
Old 03-26-2009, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

One of the guys in my area is running a Detriot TrueTrac (which I coincidentally run in my Mustang).

I need to remember who it was and how it's working out for them.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

A auto locker on the ice will be 100% locked 100% of the time period. If you know how to drive with a locked differential on the ice you might be fine. If you don't the ESP/ABS plus being locked could kill you. This is the biggest problem being locked, even if you do know how to drive locked on the ice, the ESP does not and very weird things start to happen.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

ive been running a detroit in my x model since last december. esp will piss you off. i ended up putting a togle switch on mine and just leave it off. other than that it does fine except for tire chirp when you turn to sharp which i dont mind. offroad its the best mod ive done so far.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have always run the Detroit in the rear axles of my Jeeps and have loved them. It does not take much to get used to. I have wondered about the ESP/ABS as none of my other jeeps have had those functions. Is any one running a Detroit in a JK?
Old 03-26-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
That's what I plan to run in mine. I've run them in a host of other street/race/4x4 stuff and never had a problem. Not one.
Ditto

Quick Reply: Anyone running Detroit in their 4dr D44?