Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone running the BDS Dual Stabaliser kit??

Old 09-08-2008, 01:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running the BDS Dual Stabaliser kit??

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can give feedback on the BDS Dual stabaliser setup. Part number is 55366

bds-suspension.com/pdfs/55366.pdf

After some pics of it installed if possible, and generally how they find the kit running, any issues with clearance? Instructions say you need an additional 2.5" of bumpstop, which sounds a bit excessive and is gonna suck if thats on top of the bump stop length already needed for a 4" lift..........

Last edited by wayoflife; 09-08-2008 at 05:09 AM. Reason: please do not post direct links to non-sponsors
Old 09-08-2008, 04:42 AM
JK Super Freak

I think those look cool as can be, but functionally they are completely exposed to rock rash just like the stock location, possibly worse . But they look cool I guess Have you considered the rocks, stumps, etc, etc?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

yeh i guess ur right with hitting stumps and all, probably because the bds system sits in front and not on top? Is that what u meant by that? Otherwise, there is the rough country option that sits above the bar, but i dunno how they are compared to the bds system. Can shock boots be fitted to these? Im one that prefers having boots than slogging the piston with mud, that I found I did with my skyjacker stabaliser before fitting a boot.........
Old 09-08-2008, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The only issues Ive run into were my own misjudgement. Otherwise no problems yet.

Last edited by gogrlgo; 09-08-2008 at 05:01 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:00 AM
Red
JK Enthusiast

I'm considering the dual stabilizer set up along with the BDS 4.5" lift. For what it's worth, I talked to the guys at BDS and expressed my concern about the stabilizers being so exposed. Their comment was that they would rather have me tear up their stuff, which has a no questions asked warranty, rather than any of the factory things. So, they want to put their stuff up front where it can take the abuse and possibly protect some other parts because they will replace it.

I'm still not sure I want the stabilizers that exposed, but, with that kind of warranty it makes me more comfortable doing it.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

Might wanna look at the Rough Country one.... it sits higher and a little behind........

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/rough-countrys-dual-stabilizer-50217/

AWSOME set up.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:49 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by deconstructionist
Might wanna look at the Rough Country one.... it sits higher and a little behind........

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50217

AWSOME set up.
i agree. if you're gonna go with some thing like this, i would recommend the RC kit as it is a much better design and will at least get your stabilizers up and out of the way of the rocks....

Old 09-08-2008, 05:59 AM
JK Freak

do the bds and or the RC setup work with aftermarket tierods and drag links cause I have the rockkrawler drag link and am getting the Tierod from them as well
Why would anyone continue to damage and replace the same parts even if it is warranted? I went thru 2 steering stabilizers before I got fedup and purchased the relocationbracket
Old 09-08-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

What about shock boots, can they be put on the rc kits? Doesnt look it, as the top of the piston just below the bushing doesnt have a ring for the boot to sit around. Those rc units look a bit chunkier than the bds kits, or maybe its the angle?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:10 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by roguejk
do the bds and or the RC setup work with aftermarket tierods and drag links cause I have the rockkrawler drag link and am getting the Tierod from them as well
Why would anyone continue to damage and replace the same parts even if it is warranted? I went thru 2 steering stabilizers before I got fedup and purchased the relocationbracket
hard to say for sure. would depend on how the clamps attach to the tie-rod. if they have to be straight/parallel like it is stock, then it would be a problem. if not, you should be okay.

Originally Posted by sethgun
What about shock boots, can they be put on the rc kits? Doesnt look it, as the top of the piston just below the bushing doesnt have a ring for the boot to sit around. Those rc units look a bit chunkier than the bds kits, or maybe its the angle?
sure you can but i personally wouldn't recommend that you do. boots have a way of trapping water, mud and gunk and that'll do a lot more damage to the shock than can the boot protect it from dust and stones.

Quick Reply: Anyone running the BDS Dual Stabaliser kit??