Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone running Banks Exhaust and Banks Air Intake on Pentistar?

Old 01-26-2013, 04:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running Banks Exhaust and Banks Air Intake on Pentistar?

Im considering installing both on my Rubicon and wondered if anyone has input either good or bad on this combo.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run the banks intake on my 3.8 I like it alot. But not the best for mud and water unless u get a wrap for the filter. I highly doubt there is much of a diff between the two motors when it comes to intakes
Old 01-26-2013, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have banks monster exhaust and it sounds great. It does not have the typical drone sound on highway speeds. It tucks up really nice behind the bumper and is half the size of the stock and I'm sure ways weighs way less then the OEM exhaust.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran the exhaust on my 07 & it sounded great. Not noticeAble at idle and just a hair louder than stock with light acceleration. But when you got on the throttle it'd roar.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did mine last week ( exhaust ) sounds much better, throttle responce is a tad better, MPG's still the same, pick up from a stop is a TAD better @ cruisin speeds 65-70mph you don't even know it's there quiet

I'll be doing thier intake next month
I had Banks stuff on my TJ which is why I went with it on the JK...hope this helps
Old 01-26-2013, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im kinda torn between the Banks and Dynomax exhaust. I dont want it too loud and it seems I read the Dynomax growls in even moderate rpms. Any aftermarket system of course will be louder under a load which I dont mind but I just dont want it loud puttin around town. As far as the air intake goes I like the Banks because it IS an open box as opposed to the Airraid setup. Frequent cleanings dont bother me but a load of water splashing up there would. And no I dont want no snorkels...lol Still trying to find a sound vid of the banks system installed but to no avail. I did like hearing from you guys though that it aint "too" loud...
Old 01-26-2013, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh and I do like the dual pipe look on the back of a JK
Old 01-26-2013, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the exhaust and the intake they have been on my 2012 JK for about 15,000 miles now. Good sound with exhaust no drone, the intake is nice but as previously stated you need to watch water and mud with it. I haven't had an issue but I'm always leery of water crossings or soupy mud.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CT_Buck
Im kinda torn between the Banks and Dynomax exhaust. I dont want it too loud and it seems I read the Dynomax growls in even moderate rpms. Any aftermarket system of course will be louder under a load which I dont mind but I just dont want it loud puttin around town. As far as the air intake goes I like the Banks because it IS an open box as opposed to the Airraid setup. Frequent cleanings dont bother me but a load of water splashing up there would. And no I dont want no snorkels...lol Still trying to find a sound vid of the banks system installed but to no avail. I did like hearing from you guys though that it aint "too" loud...
Here's a clip of the dynomax vt catback for you. This is on my '13 pentastar. The exhaust is really throaty, but it is kind of loud if the pedal is to the floor. When cruising on the freeway and when you're light on the pedal you'll hardly notice it. When you get on it, well it will sound like the video. I also have the banks air intake. The intake is hardly noticeable, unless you stomp the pedal and take it into the higher rpms.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronin2120
I haven't had an issue but I'm always leery of water crossings or soupy mud.
Yeah I hear that. Should always be crossing water slowly anyways but the soupy mud thing I could see if anything. If it becomes an issue Im sure I could make a DIY assist cover to help. I dont plan on drowning my baby anyways but better safe than sorry. Thx for input ronin

Mrjosh thx for that vid. You have to love the giddyup of them Pentistars. The sound of the cat back isnt as loud as I was led to believe but it did sound nice. Good lookin' ride man

Quick Reply: Anyone running Banks Exhaust and Banks Air Intake on Pentistar?