Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone running 305/70R17 w/NO lift?

Old 01-24-2010, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running 305/70R17 w/NO lift?

Before I get flamed I did do a search. So roughly a 33.8x12" tire.

Is anyone running this size tire on a stock rim with no lift on a 4 door Sahara? My plan is to eventually put a 2.5" BB on but I would need to run on the street like this for a few months till I can get the cash to pay for it. Not planning on doing any offroading during this time.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there was one in the duratrac picture request thread. I'm not sure.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get a RC BB with shock brackets for like 140 bucks. If you are going with over 1000 in tires I would spend the small amount more to make sure you will not rub. I think you are going to have rubbing issues with that size tire and no lift.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Olean NY Jeeper
You can get a RC BB with shock brackets for like 140 bucks. If you are going with over 1000 in tires I would spend the small amount more to make sure you will not rub. I think you are going to have rubbing issues with that size tire and no lift.
If I could...I would. I had some unexpected expenses come up that is even stretching the cash for tires.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

i'm running something similar from toyo that is almost a 34 inch tire..... i'm running spacers and factory rubi rims,,,,, i had to trash the factory splash pan,,,, but other then that they fit great,
Old 01-24-2010, 10:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scooter_Trash
Before I get flamed I did do a search. So roughly a 33.8x12" tire.

Is anyone running this size tire on a stock rim with no lift on a 4 door Sahara? My plan is to eventually put a 2.5" BB on but I would need to run on the street like this for a few months till I can get the cash to pay for it. Not planning on doing any offroading during this time.
Something else to add not regarding lift.... What gears do you have? Just so you know I have 305/65 R17s and it really affected the drivability and gas milage. You are local so if interested in driving mine before that is cool with me. I am living with it but planning on gearing (have 3.73's now).

Quick Reply: Anyone running 305/70R17 w/NO lift?