Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone running a 2 or 3" lift with stock 18" wheels and tires?

Old 01-20-2007, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running a 2 or 3" lift with stock 18" wheels and tires?

Need some pics of your lifted JK if you are running a lift using the stock 18s with the stock tires or aftermarket wheels with the stock tires.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CommanderJB
Need some pics of your lifted JK if you are running a lift using the stock 18s with the stock tires or aftermarket wheels with the stock tires.
Go to the My Project Jk site and look at pics of my JK. 2'' Full Traction Econo lift with stock 18'' wheels and tires. I'm keeping the wheels and upgrading to 35'' BFG tires.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:07 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I got a 3" Teraflex installed this week. I also have the stock 18", 255-70R18. Looks nice. still have 6 or 7 in. clearance from top of jeep Freedom Top to bottom of garage door sill. It was rainy today.. photos tomorrow. Silver 2dr HT, Sahara
Old 01-21-2007, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll have the 3" Terraflex with the stock 18'"s tomorrow, I'll try and get some pics before the 35" Coopers STT's go on.

Question, why would you want to keep the stock Duellers? In my opinion, these things suck!
Old 01-21-2007, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By the way, there are quite a few pics on here with both 4 dr & 2 door rubicons with 3" lift on stock wheels/tires. If you are trying to get an idea of height until you replace those Duellers, that will give you an idea. The BFG's are about he sames height as the Bridgestones, just wider.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

The reason for my question is this:

my JK is my everyday driver and I like the way the Jeep handles with the tires on it. After lifting the Jeep, I want to avoid the potential of the "bouncy" ride or bump steer. I dont do any serious off-roading, just my trips to some remote shooting areas where the extra clearance is beneficial.

Also, I am planning on switching out the wheels but planned on keeping the stock tires to keep the cost down. So I am looking at this mainly from an aesthetic point of view...will the wheels and tires fill out the wheel wells enough when the lift is installed.

Here is a pic of the 18" Procomp wheels I want to put on the Jeep.

Last edited by CommanderJB; 01-22-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CommanderJB
This is a picture of the 2.5 SJ in the rear and 2.5 SJ + 3/4" SJ in the front with stock wheels and tires

Quick Reply: Anyone running a 2 or 3" lift with stock 18" wheels and tires?