Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone runnibg the poison spider rear bumper and tire carrier

Old 09-17-2011, 12:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gregaf3
I live mine so far, no rattles what so ever. I had to modify mine a little bit so that I could run factory moabs, but this thing is stout.

The high lift jack mount is great too.

The only thing that it needs is gas can mounts and maybe a co2 bottle mount
I was thinking the same thing about a gas can mount. Mine is getting shipped soon!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gregaf3
I live mine so far, no rattles what so ever. I had to modify mine a little bit so that I could run factory moabs, but this thing is stout.

The high lift jack mount is great too.

The only thing that it needs is gas can mounts and maybe a co2 bottle mount
What did you have to do to run the factory rims? I'm thinking about buying this bumper as well but I'm sticking with factory rims for now.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Two things

1. They have a 2 inch square tube that goes through the center section of the wheel for the plate mount. The factory hole is about an inch. I cut off the plate mount portion and installed the plate on the passenger side using the plate mount for my old mini cooper (from gominigo). The guys at pcs know about this and already have a prototype in work.

2. The backspacing on the factory wheel is deep and only allows one bolt to hold the portion that is adjustable for different backspacing. I just welded a little more stock to the back and drilled a hole for the second bolt ( the metal cut off the front works great)

Little changes made it fit my application perfectly. The carrier is tight and solid and the tire location is fully adjustable so you can lower the wheel enough to still use the rear view mirror!!

Quick Reply: Anyone runnibg the poison spider rear bumper and tire carrier