Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone piece together a coil spacer lift?

Old 05-08-2014, 04:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone piece together a coil spacer lift?

2014 4 door, and I want to add rough country 1.75" coil spacers. I see the kit that includes the shocks, but why replace, when I could buy shock extensions? Question is: do i need a longer sway bar link in the back, and if so, how long? This is very confusing, because some coil spacer kits come with these parts, and some don't..
basically I don't want the 2.5" BB.
Just want to add coil spacers, but unsure of how much other parts I need.
thanks in advance.
dewey7015
ps, holy crap there are a lot of threads about lifts. after reading for about half hour each day, i am more confused than when i started reading!
Old 05-08-2014, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Teraflex leveling kit! $135 adds 2 inches up front and 1 inch in rear and comes with sway bar links. Been running it for 2 years with 34" tires. Also easy install.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2014, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dewey7015
2014 4 door, and I want to add rough country 1.75" coil spacers. I see the kit that includes the shocks, but why replace, when I could buy shock extensions? Question is: do i need a longer sway bar link in the back, and if so, how long? This is very confusing, because some coil spacer kits come with these parts, and some don't..
basically I don't want the 2.5" BB.
Just want to add coil spacers, but unsure of how much other parts I need.
thanks in advance.
dewey7015
ps, holy crap there are a lot of threads about lifts. after reading for about half hour each day, i am more confused than when i started reading!

Keep reading and it will all come together in time, dirtmans sticky at the top of this section should be read a few times every few days till it's etched in your mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2014, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I pieced mine together. Started with 2" spacers and bump stops. It wheeled fine doing mild rock crawling. I later got used shock extensions and I don't know if I noticed a difference but I felt a little better about having the extra droop to not damage the shocks. Then picked up someones stock rear swaylinks and threw them up front. Noticed a small difference. Then longer rear swaylinks and rear trackbar bracket. Barely noticed a difference. Finally got used teraflex 2.5" coils. Those made a difference. Softer on road and I don't hit my bump stops nearly as easily. For that much lift you could take your time getting everything. You will probally want more though. Keep an eye out for used parts
Old 05-09-2014, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

excellent. thanks guys. I would go with the tereflex leveling kit, if they would throw in 1.5 inch spacers for the back..
thanks again guys
dewey7015
Old 05-09-2014, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you need some shock extensions pm me an offer. Ive got the ones that came with my teraflex 2.5" kit still new in box.

Quick Reply: Anyone piece together a coil spacer lift?