Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone own 2 sets of wheels with 2 sets of sensors?

Old 01-26-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone own 2 sets of wheels with 2 sets of sensors?

Im gettin ready to make my ordinary stock 4 door Sahara different than the other 4 I see regularly around town (to add insult to injury they are even the same color... Where were these things when I was shopping around and deciding on a color???). I am keeping my stock wheels/tires to swap for any unexpected maintenance work at the dealership. I am looking at starting out with some soft 8's and 35's. I want to keep my TPMS in my stock tires and purchase additional sensors for the soft 8's. My question is, if I purchase additional sensors for the new wheel/tire combo, is there any programming needed to get them to work, and if so, does this delete the usability of the stockers with the original sensors if I swap them back on? And where does one purchase the sensors? Thank you in advance!
Old 01-26-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bought new sensors yesterday. Installed right from package with no programming. Drove to the gas station on flats (beadlocks) and the sensors didn't even go off. I am not sure they have been working from the factory. But anyways.....no light on dash.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

They will work fine with no reprogramming. I put new sensors in my psc beadlocks and they go off whenever the tires drop below about 35 psi. You will need to get rebuilt kits to install the new sensors as they do not come with the cap, core, or nut. Theyre about $5 each through discount tire
Old 01-26-2009, 09:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Unlike some cars the JK doesn't know the locations of the sensors. It just tells you that one of them is low. It makes things much easier.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

It also does not care what the spare is at. Mine was at 20 last time i checked it
Old 01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

What happens if you do not put any TPMS in the new rims?
Can you disable the system?
Old 01-28-2009, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check with david at northridge. The new AEV procal might be able to overcome it. Otherwise the system will chime everytime you put the key in and the orange light will stay on all of the time. It does not affect driveablilty though

Quick Reply: Anyone own 2 sets of wheels with 2 sets of sensors?