Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone move a Superwinch solenoid?

Old 12-03-2008, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunatley, this is not yet resolved. The superwinch solenoid is too wide to fit between the grill and the radiator or next to the battery. I am talking with Jason at Superwinch for mouting ideas. I am even considering putting on a snorkel so that I can mount the solenoid inside the air intake box. Of course, all ideas are welcome!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CT Rubi
Unfortunatley, this is not yet resolved. The superwinch solenoid is too wide to fit between the grill and the radiator or next to the battery. I am talking with Jason at Superwinch for mouting ideas. I am even considering putting on a snorkel so that I can mount the solenoid inside the air intake box. Of course, all ideas are welcome!

If I come up with any ideas I'll let you know.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Finally done!

Well, I finally got the solenoid installed on the AEV bumper. We ended up having to create a mount for the solenoid on top of the bumper itself. I actually like the setup; the box is protected by the bar and it is conveniently located.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WebSolenoid.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	20524

It blends in pretty nicely:
Click image for larger version

Name:	WebFinishedFront.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	20523
Old 03-10-2009, 04:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CT Rubi
Well, I finally got the solenoid installed on the AEV bumper. We ended up having to create a mount for the solenoid on top of the bumper itself. I actually like the setup; the box is protected by the bar and it is conveniently located.

Attachment 20524

It blends in pretty nicely:
Attachment 20523

Looks good CT.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow, thats nice! Good job
Old 11-05-2009, 11:30 AM
JK Junkie

Anyone else relocated a Superwinch EP9.0 solenoid ? I installed a hoop on my RR XHD bumper over the weekend and now my access to the winch remote plug is obstructed by the hoop. Still looking for solenoid relocation ideas ...
Old 11-05-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

I believe you can mount that hoop facing either way. If you aren't particular about which way it leans, you might be able to turn it around (leaning forward) and gain access to your plug.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK Rocker
I believe you can mount that hoop facing either way. If you aren't particular about which way it leans, you might be able to turn it around (leaning forward) and gain access to your plug.
Yeah I thought of that too and I have the hoop leaning toward the grill which is how I prefer it but I think it will still be obstructed even if it leans forward.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HG07JKRubi
Anyone else relocated a Superwinch EP9.0 solenoid ? I installed a hoop on my RR XHD bumper over the weekend and now my access to the winch remote plug is obstructed by the hoop. Still looking for solenoid relocation ideas ...
As mentioned by the OP... I wonder if anyone has used the relocation kit to move the soleniod ?

Superwinch 2302283 Solenoid Relocation Kit

Quick Reply: Anyone move a Superwinch solenoid?