Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone make a telescoping bar for a rear bumper light?

Old 01-27-2014, 06:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladimer
I don't have an set height it needs to be, more the better

I want to keep it within reason, not looking to make a 15' boom out of the back of the Jeep, just a couple feet would do or the length from the top of the tire to the bottom of the tire carrier. Any height gained is more light shining down instead of coming out at head height. Kind of like a street lamp vs head lamp idea.

Last resort is as you mentioned, just mounting a light on a swivel.

I do have driving lights mounted inside my housing to replace the reverse lights so reverse lights are not an issue, also have 2 VisionX LED cubes in the rear bumper for light. But, what I am trying to accomplish is more so the downward ambient camp light then throwing light backwards ... if that makes sense?
It sounds like your describing the pattern of a d2 in the diffused pattern.

Check out the diffused light pattern on the Rigid Dually web page...

mounting at the height at or above the spare does complicate things a bit.

sounds like you already have a lot of lights going on back there...post a picture so we have a better idea?

matthew
Old 01-27-2014, 08:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tenhammer
expandable painters pole with a coiled cell phone charger line down the middle of the pole. mount light on topand wire in. the coiled wire keeps it tidy. the painters pole has a locking system on the expander so you can set the height and it wont be a pita
Originally Posted by jeepmojo
it has the telescope black and its threaded at top where you screw the mic clip on and lower part too but it would accept your light with a threaded coupling reducer or what ever just dont piss of the lead singer with out tossing him a carrot [ATTACH]526904
Originally Posted by augichef
Wally World aka walmart and autozone sell these telescoping rv wash brush. Priced between 10-30 dollars depending what length you buy.

Attachment 526909

They measure about 3.5 feet collapsed and 8.5 feet extended. Should hold up well since it's aluminum, their pretty thick aluminum pipe. Oh and the brush head bolts on to a flat plastic base that I'm sure you can modify to hold a light. Maybe you can find a way to run the wire down through the pipe.. Now you got my gears turning.. Lol
Good luck
Augi
Originally Posted by RodCyn
That is completely awesome! The link is exactly what I am going for, couldn't have explained it any better then that. Appreciate all the suggestions and help guys!

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
It sounds like your describing the pattern of a d2 in the diffused pattern.

Check out the diffused light pattern on the Rigid Dually web page...

mounting at the height at or above the spare does complicate things a bit.

sounds like you already have a lot of lights going on back there...post a picture so we have a better idea?

matthew
I appreciate the help Matthew, the above link describes what I am trying to do in very good detail. No doubt the diffused pattern would be the best for my application as it generally has the widest, but shortest spread. Won't be going with Rigid though, way overpriced (and hyped about) for what you get in my opinion.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Anyone make a telescoping bar for a rear bumper light?