Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone Make Aluminum Skid Plates

Old 06-07-2009, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really think some people think of aluminum foil when they hear aluminum and right away think it cant be strong lol, just look at all the bitching that the River raider snorkel is made of aluminum so it must be weak and will dent easy I've slid my jeep off a rock and the only thing that stopped me was my RR snorkel top hitting a tree, not even a nick in it.

the right aluminum is strong
Old 06-08-2009, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblaine
A lot of folks reading this might miss one key word in there that places most of this out of context for what we do. That one word is "competitive". That's a whole different world and very little of what a competitor in a rock crawling competition deems appropriate carries straight over to recreational wheeling. I also suspect they didn't go through the realm of available alloys before they jumped to titanium. I doubt very seriously they would stick to 7068 and I'm pretty sure I'm correct because a good friend of mine runs it on his moon buggy. His name is Cody Waggoner and he seems to do quite well for himself.
Most people don't like the $50/lb price for the titanium. I was defending aluminum and stating the next step up was titanium. For the price it is hard to beat Al. I never heard of 7068 before some impressive material.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goldtr8
Does anyone make aluminum skid plates, I dont want to all all the weight of steel to my Rubi.

Thanks
So guys this takes us back to the original reason for this thread.

Who sells AL. Skid plates?

Quick Reply: Anyone Make Aluminum Skid Plates