Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone know a good ring and pinion installer in eastern Washington?

Old 12-11-2013, 04:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know a good ring and pinion installer in eastern Washington?

Like the title says just seeing if anyone knows anyone in eastern wa. Steves tire factory does it in Kennewick wa and they've built rock buggies and all but stupid prices. They said 10hrs per axles at $100 per hour not including parts. $2000 just for labor, kiss my butt
Old 12-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
Like the title says just seeing if anyone knows anyone in eastern wa. Steves tire factory does it in Kennewick wa and they've built rock buggies and all but stupid prices. They said 10hrs per axles at $100 per hour not including parts. $2000 just for labor, kiss my butt
AEV is in Missoula, MT. Don't know about WA other than Northridge 4x4 in Western WA.

The job is rated at 10 hrs for both axles, not each axle.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I told them but guy said it per axle. Bad part is my bros work does ton of business with then too
Old 12-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Save $1500 or more and take it to Northridge or AEV. They will need it 1.5-2 days. You will want an option to drive 2 lane highways instead of freeways for the drive home so that you can vary your speed and stay under about 60 miles per hour, with periodic stops for cool downs during the first 100 miles.

The shop is either incompetent or a rip-off. Either way, I wouldn't take it to them. It is rated as at 10 hour job in the books. Experienced installers do it in much less.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If we have the jeep first thing in the morning it gets done in one day. Give us a call and we can get you a quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
AEV is in Missoula, MT. Don't know about WA other than Northridge 4x4 in Western WA.

The job is rated at 10 hrs for both axles, not each axle.
AEV no longer does gear changes, which is too bad because they said when the were slow $500 for labor you can supply the parts. Not sure what is up but there tech is no longer with them, so pretty much just Kent in the shop doing sales stuff, might be a sign of the times economy wise. Kent said they have inland truck do their stuff now. centeral 4wd in Spokane shot me a decent price on install and gears not sure how they are but when I asked the local off road club they never said anything bad. Nitro gear is in nachez and is supposed to be top dog good.

Last edited by jadmt; 12-12-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Originally Posted by jadmt
AEV no longer does gear changes, which is too bad because they said when the were slow $500 for labor you can supply the parts. Not sure what is up but there tech is no longer with them, so pretty much just Kent in the shop doing sales stuff, might be a sign of the times economy wise. Kent said they have inland truck do their stuff now. centeral 4wd in Spokane shot me a decent price on install and gears not sure how they are but when I asked the local off road club they never said anything bad. Nitro gear is in nachez and is supposed to be top dog good.
Didn't know that about AEV. Haven't spoken with Kent in a while.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
Didn't know that about AEV. Haven't spoken with Kent in a while.
I drive past the shop 4 days a week on my way home from work and stop in to drool once in awhile. Kent is a nice guy been super helpful and never tries to sell a thing.

Quick Reply: Anyone know a good ring and pinion installer in eastern Washington?