Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone know this bumper

Old 06-26-2009, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default doors

Originally Posted by JeepDawg
Heck - then what are you waiting for!!! Please post a pic of your tube doors.....I really want to make some and would love to see what you design. I'd like some out of 1.75 or 2" OD.....HINT HINT!
What I have are 2" tube. I am talking with another company that does work with us that does mandral bending. I am tryiing to have them bend the door for me in 6063 T4. Then i will bring them back to my plant and heat treat them. Then a sister company of ours has a powder coating line I am going to try to get them powder coated in dark green to match my jeep. All in all cost me maybe 20 bucks if that, I think i am going to get away totaly free. I havent started yet. I have had the tube ran and am still looking at a few things. i am looking at the warrier doors alot. I like them. I am also working on a light bar the same way. I have access to anything and everything lol.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Super Freak

that bumper is for a TJ. How they got it to work on the JK I don' t know. It's Smittybilt's rock crawler/pre runner tubular bumper in textered black for the TJ.

Don't get it because I don't know how they got it to fit the JK -- probably some cutting and drilling.

Glad to know you plan on upgrading your JK. Let me give you some advice: Don't be afraid to ask any question before purchasing on here, make sure you do your research so you don't spend your money for nothing, and know that it's your jeep and your money and you can do whatever you want with it.

Take care!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tprice1985
What I have are 2" tube. I am talking with another company that does work with us that does mandral bending. I am tryiing to have them bend the door for me in 6063 T4. Then i will bring them back to my plant and heat treat them. Then a sister company of ours has a powder coating line I am going to try to get them powder coated in dark green to match my jeep. All in all cost me maybe 20 bucks if that, I think i am going to get away totaly free. I havent started yet. I have had the tube ran and am still looking at a few things. i am looking at the warrier doors alot. I like them. I am also working on a light bar the same way. I have access to anything and everything lol.
That's awesome that you can do all that for free! If you haven't seen the Roughshod Offroad ones, google them. They are for a TJ, but I REALLY like the style.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

You cand find that "pre-runner" on ebay for about $250.00. All it consists of is the tube pre runner, it attaches to your orignial bumper behind the plastic covering.

Search ebay motors #350058011572 and there you go..............

Last edited by uup4it; 06-26-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone know this bumper