Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone installed rock lights?

Old 06-11-2022, 05:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone installed rock lights?

Wanted suggestions on the Rock Light LED kits for the Jeeps. Not sure when I would be out wheeling late, but is something like that worth it? Looks to be an easy install. Thanks
Old 06-11-2022, 09:37 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

most people do it simply for looks IMO. I used to do a decent bit of night wheeling, some of which was technical and useful to have a good view of tire placement and what was under you. I'd bet similar to a 50" light bar.....a lot of people think they're cool but the reality is never used. If you are going to do a lot of night wheeling then by all means. I've done my own in the last using individual LEDs that were nice and concealed everywhere. I think I'd just go with a packaged system if had to do it again just due to the amount of effort I put into mine turning out nice.
Old 06-11-2022, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

I drink at night and wheel during daytime. Bit of a waste IMO.
The following users liked this post:
RwH (06-13-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
most people do it simply for looks IMO. I used to do a decent bit of night wheeling, some of which was technical and useful to have a good view of tire placement and what was under you. I'd bet similar to a 50" light bar.....a lot of people think they're cool but the reality is never used. If you are going to do a lot of night wheeling then by all means. I've done my own in the last using individual LEDs that were nice and concealed everywhere. I think I'd just go with a packaged system if had to do it again just due to the amount of effort I put into mine turning out nice.
I think they would cool for illuminating sliders or steps for people to get in and out in the dark or changing a tire. I found some rock lights that look good, what do you think?
Old 06-12-2022, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a bright white, nice set of eight from www.superbrightleds.com, and wired them to a rocker switch in the dash. You'll find white lights are much brighter than colors; maybe not as cool, but definitely more functional. Think about if you really want a remote floating around in the cockpit, or having to deal with a control app on your phone.
Old 06-13-2022, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I installed white KC HiLites under each door, nice when camping to light up everything under and around the jeep at night, and 2 under the hood, since you know jeep doesnt think its a good idea to work under the hood at night. I also have 2 amber KC HiLites mounted behind some Fishbone Offroad Logo Aluminum inner fenders that blink with my turn signals

Quick Reply: Anyone installed rock lights?