Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone Installed AEV or Mopar Front Skidplate

Old 03-13-2007, 02:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Installed AEV or Mopar Front Skidplate

Has anyone installed either the AEV or the Mopar front skidplate that replaces the factory plastic valance/air dam? I would like to see pictures of each installed.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think anyone owns an AEV one yet...

There are several pictures of the Mopar one around the various forums. Maybe a search will show up something useful.

I will be installing the Mopar one along with the Mopar bumpers this Sunday and I'll post some pictures.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:07 AM
JK Newbie

mopar and mopar bumpers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	640.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	973  
Old 03-14-2007, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mike,

What lights are those you added to the Mopar bumper? Do you think they will fit there if you have a winch installed?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2007, 08:39 AM
JK Junkie

Hey Mike, I have the Mopar bumper also and had the same question as jd. I had though about just cutting two holes in the Mopar bumper and mount the fog lights like the in factory bumper. Seems to me like it might clear a winch that way. Anyone know?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jdrogers
Mike,

What lights are those you added to the Mopar bumper? Do you think they will fit there if you have a winch installed?

Thanks
Those lights were on the bumper when i bought it used. They are cheap lights from Checker or someplace. He could not get them to work right hooked up to the factory wiring. I realized it was because they had 55w bulbs. so i put in 40 w bulbs and they worked fine. 55 w bulbs upset the relays. So when I cut off the bull bar for the winch I will not use these lights. they would not fit anyway. there are pre-drilled holes on the outside of the bumpers for lights, but they would get beat to death there. I will buy some better lights and just wire them in with a switch.
Long story short... This guy bought the off package from the dealer and then decided he wanted WARN bumpers with the winch hole. He put these on Craigslst and i bought them used.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Hey Mike, I have the Mopar bumper also and had the same question as jd. I had though about just cutting two holes in the Mopar bumper and mount the fog lights like the in factory bumper. Seems to me like it might clear a winch that way. Anyone know?
If you have this bumper the factory lights holes can be cut in the front of the bumper because the winch plate will sit on top. I am thinking of doing jst that when I put the winch on.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moabmike
If you have this bumper the factory lights holes can be cut in the front of the bumper because the winch plate will sit on top. I am thinking of doing jst that when I put the winch on.
So that is the Mopar bumper with out the built in winch mount. I am installing the version with the winch mount. The winch fits down inside the bumper under the tube.

I'm still thinking about/planning on mounting the factory fog lights into the Mopar bumper by cutting two holes just outside of the covers for the crush cans and welding a bracket to the inside.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jdrogers
So that is the Mopar bumper with out the built in winch mount. I am installing the version with the winch mount. The winch fits down inside the bumper under the tube.

I'm still thinking about/planning on mounting the factory fog lights into the Mopar bumper by cutting two holes just outside of the covers for the crush cans and welding a bracket to the inside.
I think you will have plenty of room on the outside of the cans to install the factory lights
Old 03-14-2007, 12:04 PM
JK Junkie

I have the winch mount bumper also. I had originally thought about going outside the cans and cutting holes for the factory lights, but I was wondering if you go inside the cans like the factory bumper, would there be room. I saw the write up on here where the guy mounted his winch inside the factory bumper, with the fog lights and figured that if he could do that, there might be room to cut inside the cans and remount the factory fogs.

Quick Reply: Anyone Installed AEV or Mopar Front Skidplate