Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone here using Doetsch Tech shocks?

Old 02-10-2008, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here using Doetsch Tech shocks?

I ran the DT3000's on my TJ for about 6 months and they seemed very nice for the price. Was thinking of using them on my JK. Anyone here running them?
Old 02-10-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

I ran them on my TJ too back in the day...I still remember the noises they made as they went up/down the rocks, like they were panting.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:42 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TEEJ
I ran them on my TJ too back in the day...I still remember the noises they made as they went up/down the rocks, like they were panting.

Now that's funny.

Like you guys, I ran them on my TJ too but I personally would run a good monotube shock like an OME, Bilstein or M-force any day. Granted, they are a bit more expensive but they perform so much better and they don't sound like panting
Old 02-10-2008, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like all of you I ran the shock, the other forums swear by them and for the price you cant go wrong. They ride great and last a long time.

I read somewhere you can cross reference shocks for the JK by using shocks for a YJ with 4-6 inches of lift shocks. But check before you buy.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I forgot about the "panting" noise. Mine weren't too bad though. Northridge is selling them for $38.95 each for JK's.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Actually, I think the OME are twin tube rather than monotube shocks....they just describe them like they're state of the art.

The DT's were not bad, but, I think they were only valved one way...hence the panting noises on the strokes as the flow reversed, etc.

They had decent travel too.

I used them as part of an initial small lift so the wife didn't m notice the rig getting taller alll in one step...wit the CJ, it was too much too fast, and I got snagged. The YJ was more subtle. By the time I got to the TJ....I was the master of the stealth mod.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nukeman
Man, I forgot about the "panting" noise. Mine weren't too bad though. Northridge is selling them for $38.95 each for JK's.
Now that you mention it when it comes time to upgrade my Rubicon shocks, I may go this route. IMHO I would run these shocks over nitro's anyday. The reason is not only due to price but I really liked the ride.

Some even say that nitro's are over kill for the kind of wheeling we do. Most people that wheel on the weekends would do great with just the Hydro/twin tube type shock. Nitro/mono tubes are better for baja type racing where the suspension is under constant reciprocating motion.

But to each his own, and run what ever you like. That is all that matters.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TEEJ
I used them as part of an initial small lift so the wife didn't m notice the rig getting taller alll in one step...wit the CJ, it was too much too fast, and I got snagged. The YJ was more subtle. By the time I got to the TJ....I was the master of the stealth mod.

Quick Reply: Anyone here using Doetsch Tech shocks?