Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone here chipped their 2.8 CRD?

Old 11-05-2010, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKBlacker
I'm assuming its not avaliable in North America for emissions reasons??
a few decades ago we let our government regulate them out of the jeep. Good thing we did, we might be getting 20+ mpg and plenty of pep w/ the CRD instead of 15- mpg w/ the underpowered 3.8l. Fewer emissions as well btw.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Did you get anywhere with the chipping?

I have a 2013 auto (197 bhp and 420nm as standard) and have found racechip.com who will up that to 191kW (260 bhp and 552NM) for £229, all reversible as the norm. I think i will take the plunge as at that price it is good value.......just think I'll be able to get nearly 40mpg as well!!

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/j...47kw/index.php gives the specs and graphs.

Last edited by jeepstertim; 11-07-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: update
Old 11-12-2013, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

The chip arrived today and took about 15 minutes to fit due to the poor access to the fuel rail. Initial thoughts are it's all good. I have the left the chip on its stock setting of 260 bhp (can be tweeked up higher)and to my surprise, the difference wasn't immediately noticeable. However after a couple of hills, the gearbox wasn't dropping a cog as it used to and on the flat it hangs on to 5th for much longer. Acceleration, with a good prod of the throttle is nothing short of staggering.

All in it was just under £200 and arrived from Germany very quickly. I'll attach a picture when I get a chance.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had an engine failure after 186k km, running on 285/10r17 sind 60k km. Not chipped. But i'm curious to try to chip the new engine I've got. Is here anybody with a serious chip-tuning? Not a box that increase fuel pressure in the rail. That's not healthy by what I've read...

Got a complete engine for a dodge nitro (running the same 2.8) for about 4700€. Had to swap the exhaust manifold and mount the turbo a little bit different.

sent from BlackBerry Q10, running Tapatalk in an Android-Runtime

Quick Reply: Anyone here chipped their 2.8 CRD?