Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

anyone have smittybilt GEAR console on 2010 jk?

Old 11-13-2011, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have smittybilt GEAR console on 2010 jk?

like the title says im looking to buy the smittybilts GEAR console but read one post that sid it will not work on the 2010 due to somthing being diffrent?/ anyway is this true ??
Old 11-13-2011, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about the overhead GEAR console? On mine (a 2010) the center foot-loop insn't centered like previous models thus off setting the console frame. When you install, the console will not be centered and end up closer to the drivers side. I didn't like it being off-center so I modified the front bracket that came with the console to center it back up. I also didn't utilize the hose clamps that secure the rear, I used a couple self tapping screws into the flat area of the roll bar. I also have the hard top on with it, you'll have to ditch the front center lever that holds the hardtop on. I haven't noticed any ill effects from this, only just a slight whistle if the wind blows right due to the top not sitting as tight along the windshield frame. Over all it's a pretty sweet set up that adds much needed storage space to the JK.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B. Law
Are you talking about the overhead GEAR console? On mine (a 2010) the center foot-loop insn't centered like previous models thus off setting the console frame. When you install, the console will not be centered and end up closer to the drivers side. I didn't like it being off-center so I modified the front bracket that came with the console to center it back up. I also didn't utilize the hose clamps that secure the rear, I used a couple self tapping screws into the flat area of the roll bar. I also have the hard top on with it, you'll have to ditch the front center lever that holds the hardtop on. I haven't noticed any ill effects from this, only just a slight whistle if the wind blows right due to the top not sitting as tight along the windshield frame. Over all it's a pretty sweet set up that adds much needed storage space to the JK.
awsome thanks, that was just what i was looking for!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

I am curious, why didn't you just modify the center lever to make it still accessible?

Quick Reply: anyone have smittybilt GEAR console on 2010 jk?