Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

anyone have the rampage hi-lift jack mount

Old 04-27-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question anyone have the rampage hi-lift jack mount

Found the hi-lift jack mount from rampage that mounts to the hinge on the tailgate. I was just thinking of fabbing something myself to mount here but wasn't sure how. If anyone has this what do you think of it?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Rampage mount is pretty new and I believe none have been shipped yet.

I think you could fab your own fairly easy by extending the hinge bolts with some long coupling nuts and threaded rod. You would then mount the hi lift on the extended rod through the holes on the hi lift bar. Obviously making sure you have enough space so hi-lift doesn´t hit body parts. It's just an idea, it would need to be tested for fit and durability. Should be in stainless steel to avoid rust.

Something along these lines:

and this:

But at $49.95, the Rampage one is a not bad deal

Last edited by VictorS; 04-28-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wonder how far above the roof that mount makes the jack stick out.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

interesting, but damn more weight on the tailgate, I will say though these tailgates seem beefier than my old TJs. I need a closeup of this and I could fab my own, I don't see $50 of hardware there thus far.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rogu3JK
Wonder how far above the roof that mount makes the jack stick out.
The 48" Hi lift sits just about level with the hard top (with the hi-lift clamp hardware at the top turned sideways or removed). Obviously a 60" will stick way out. Probably not a good idea with the 60" jack.

I repeat, the coupler nut is only an idea. Somebody needs to try it (I already have a hi lift mount on my tire carrier). All you will need is two coupler nuts, 4 regular nuts, two pieces of threaded ready rod, two washers and 2 wing nuts. (You'd make two coupler nut set ups, one for each hinge). It can't cost more than a $10.00 - $15.00 total

As for the wieght, yeah, it can be a concern if you are carrying 35" tires. However, this mount is located right next to the hinge. Seems to me that the tailgate is strongest right next to the hinge.

This might be a product for Woods to build and sell.

Last edited by VictorS; 04-28-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

i agree more pics would be needed bofore i attempt it
Old 04-28-2008, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanx for the responses. I actually just called rampage today to ask a few questions about this product. Hopefully the dude I spoke to didn't know what he was talking about. He said it's still under development and won't be released for 60-90 days. I told him I found it at 4wd.com with a part number and price... he was so confused.

When I called 4wd they said it is available and is supposed to ship by late May. I went ahead and ordered it. I guess we'll see who's right and if/when I get it I'll post pics and info.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

My JK is actually the 2 door Rampage is using for R&D for the final stages of this product. I have seen pics of it on my Jeep, but haven't actually seen it on a Jeep as of yet. It's going in this Wednesday to Rampage for more final fit & finish for this and a couple other goodies they are developing.

Once they give me the green light I will post my impressions and pics!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I called Rampage about two months ago and the guy said it was more than just a bolt on platform. He inferred it was a whole new lower hinge assembly. The kicker is that I used to live about two minutes from their Corona location. Darn, could I have had free parts...?
Old 06-18-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

just got the notification that this part is shipping today....finally Checked on the 4wd web site and the part they show looks different than what was originally shown and to be honest it looks pretty cheap 4 the price. I'll post more when I get it... Anyone actually have this yet...any thoughts?

Quick Reply: anyone have the rampage hi-lift jack mount