Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone have photos of "homemade" front track bar bracket reinforcement?

Old 06-23-2010, 06:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have photos of "homemade" front track bar bracket reinforcement?

I know Planman added a piece of triangular steel to the bottom side of his OEM front track bar mount when he did sleeves and gussets. Does anyone else have photos of their own bracing that they or their shop added to theirs?

Note: I've already got a rear JKS TB brace. My front TB mount remains stock and I've wheeled my JK on some of the more difficult trails in Colorado and in Moab.

I'm headed back to Colorado soon, this time for even harder venues and on larger/heavier tires. Were I not under the gun on time, I'd not seek a home brewed remedy.

Anyway, anyone have photos?

TIA
Old 06-23-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

+1 on this. I'm looking for a similar solution. Perhaps one of our sponsors can whip something up and charge me for it!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Ah to hell with it. Northridge is sending me the JKS brace and a new QA1 Motorsports stabilizer with heim joints. I'll find time for installation before depature. Thanks anyway, guys.

P.S. Uh, I believe I may be developing an unhealthy attraction to David.

Last edited by opdsgt; 06-23-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Under Dawg
Ah to hell with it. Northridge is sending me the JKS brace. I'll find time before depature. Thanks anyway, guys.
I thought the JKS brace was for the rear?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

No sir, double check my initial post. FRONT trackbar brace this go-round. I've had the rear JKS trackbar brace for a year, it's a wise investment (they both are, or so I've decided).

Edit for Tex:

FRONT
REAR
Old 06-23-2010, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Under Dawg
No sir, double check my initial post. FRONT trackbar brace this go-round. I've had the rear JKS trackbar brace for a year, it's a wise investment (they both are, or so I've decided).

Edit for Tex:

FRONT
REAR
Thanks. Regrettably, that's for the axle side on the front. My issues are with the frame side.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Frame side front or frame side rear? I have heard of the latter, never the former.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Turns out I'm just unspeakably stupid today. It's the axle side. For some reason, I remembered the pax side of the front track bar being the frame side.

Uh, yeah, that's why you crawl underneath to double check!

Like you, I've now ordered the JKS brace from Northridge. Went ahead and ordered the rear brace, as well, just to be sure. I am sick to death about worrying about DW making a return appearance.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:07 PM
JK Super Freak

I think you did the right thing, Tex. Did you the new stabilizer too?

Ref. the JKS installation, pay heed to the instructions when you take them to your local welder, they want the brackets stitch welded, not a continuous bead (seam welding); just as strong, less likely to overheat and warp materials.

FWIW
Old 06-23-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a shop essentially duplicate the rock crawler gussets, caps the front of the bracket and ties it to the axel. Adds a triange to the back. Then I had them fab one more and tie the top of the bracket to the base of the spring perch. No problems. I too have the jks on the rear axel mount. This year I am having my welder gusset the rear frame mount. I have the TF 2.5 inch lift and used their lowering bracket. This adds leverage to the frame mount so I am going to have it welded in and then gusseted to the frame. I am only running 32's so no massive tires but it still gets a beating. So far no issues.

Quick Reply: Anyone have photos of "homemade" front track bar bracket reinforcement?