Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

anyone have the magnaflow exhaust kit from 4wd?

Old 06-10-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did axle back at a small local shop for $125 for a FlowMaster installed, and he offered MagnaFlow for $135. The only difference in the $300+ version is that is bolt up ready and has a chrome exhaust tip, versus having to be welded up.

Find the number for the actual muffler you want and head down to a local shop. They will give you a much better deal and you can even relocate in front of the axle or do a cat-back change for under the $300. Always good to take them pictures if you're relocating and can find some on here.

BTW...the FlowMaster sounds great. Sometimes is a little loud, but not to the point of annoying. I'm also riding around with a Safari top and duster, so I have nothing dampening the sound either. With my hardtop on, I could hear it, but just enough to know the JK engine was running.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
looks nice! Is it tucked up more then the factory one?
Looks like the bolt in pictured is sitting a little lower than it has too. If welded in, you can have them mount it as high as possible. Either way, it is definately higher up than the OEM. The OEM is extremely fat compared to the aftermarket versions.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:21 PM
JK Freak

did anyone find out why this version is cheaper the the other version? if in fact there is a difference?
Old 06-21-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
did anyone find out why this version is cheaper the the other version? if in fact there is a difference?
This is the reply I received from 4wd:

I apologize for the delay, we have been extremely busy these past few days and we have just started to get caught up on the emails. To answer your question, the only difference between the two exhaust systems is that the part #16751 is magnaflow's "in house" brand. In other words, it is made by magnaflow, and sold as a magnaflow brand. The other part #1003410, is also manufactured by magnaflow, but as a private label made exclusively for our company. In other words if you called magnaflow directly, you would only be able to order the #16751. In order to order the #1003410, you would only be able to order through our company. I hope that clears things up for you a little bit, if not just email me back. They are both excellent exhaust kits, its just one is a little cheaper because we have control on what prices are set for it since it is made for our company. I'm sorry it can be hard to explain, but give me a call if you need any more help. 1-800-333-5535 and my extension is 929. Thanks,
Shawn
Old 06-21-2008, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

very cool! IF its the same, prolly some differences somewhere though.

Quick Reply: anyone have the magnaflow exhaust kit from 4wd?