Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone have a jk that hasn't had something break after 4.5 with 37s?

Old 11-30-2014, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37's

For some items, the wait till it breaks theory is great. Axle/drive shafts are a great example.

For others, preventative measures can save you a bunch in the long run. I did truss and c gussets before i moved to 37s. Bent Cs or a broken axle are a big deal. While the axle is pulled out, ball joints are an easy swap. You will have to do it later if you run stock bjs anyway. The stock rear axle flanges are weak. Mine didn't break, but bent enough to annoy me. Read lots of squeaking and brake wear. And that was on 35's. Gears will make a huge difference. I highly suggest you drive several ratios with your tire size, engine and transmission if you can. 4.56 is just right for me, but I'm in Kansas with a 3.6 and auto.

IMO, there isn't a best way. How you drive it will make all the difference. Some of our local guys go slow, pick a smart line and wheel just fine with lots of stock parts. Others are heavy with the skinny pedal and tend to break stuff. Some will tell you to go full Dynatrac and all the trimmings right out of the gate. Others say build it as you go. All depends on how fast you want to part with your money.

For me, the fun is all in the build process. Have fun and post pics.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:18 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Medicdunlap
I'm going w 5.38
5.38's are a good choice for 07-11 autos with a 3.8. You have a 2015, with a 3.6. I would guess that a lower (numeric) ratio might be more appropriate for you, but there are plenty of threads to read through to help you make the decision. There is also a good rpm chart based on year and transmission in the faq's stuck at the top of this modified area.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Location: 2nd star to the right, and straight on 'til morning

Originally Posted by Medicdunlap
. So the AEV is nice huh? Does it fit in ur garage?
Its a good system for how I use the rig.
Rides pretty nice, works good offroad.

Some hardcore guys like long arm systems better.

I store the JEEP in my shop with 14' doors, so yeah it fits.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

If your not going to wheel it couldn't you just do a 2.5" lift and flat fenders with 37s and be good for mall crawling?

Sent from my Jeep or RZR

Quick Reply: Anyone have a jk that hasn't had something break after 4.5 with 37s?