Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone have feedback on JCR Offroad?

Old 09-16-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the ibsight
Old 09-16-2012, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Grammar... *insight
Old 09-17-2012, 04:22 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

I think they are alright...

Seriously though, thanks for the kind words everyone.

DannyMalkin, let me know if I can help out in any way.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I see a lot of the dagger series on here, I'm looking at getting the pre runner in jus a few days, could y'all notice the weight difference?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dagger stubby owner here, and I love the thing.

Also have the oil/trans skid and exhaust loop skid, main skid didn't fit perfect but I got it on with some vice grips and a BFH. Another issue was that the bolt holes in the main skid for the exhaust loop were too small and had to be re-drilled (I just hope to god I never have to take either of them off, the engine mount bolts were a huge PITA and it's wedged on there from the vice grips). It also used to hit my axle on speed bumps but a trip to Rausch Creek clearanced it in no time. I'm guessing all the issues were with it being a 2012.

NOTE: I did contact them about all these issues and they were very responsive. However I was too focused on my trip to Rausch and never got around to getting them the photos they requested.

def going back for the rear bumper though.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

I have both their front and rear bumpers for my XJ. Brilliant.

Fit is always perfect, welds are top notch. Great customer service as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	259706_2060712688342_3899884_o.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	367000
Old 09-18-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by joevan29
I see a lot of the dagger series on here, I'm looking at getting the pre runner in jus a few days, could y'all notice the weight difference?
The Dagger series is on the "light" side for a heavy duty offroad bumper. I went with the stubby version and added a winch with synthetic line at the same time. Trying to keep weight to a minimum was a concern for me. I had also replaced my front springs (14s) with 17s before the install and I still sit 1/2 to 3/4 inch higher than I did with factory bumper and no winch.

I rode around with just the bumper and no winch for a few days and it didn't feel any different than stock. After adding the winch, I could "feel" the extra weight on the front end. That lasted a day or two, now I can't remember what it felt like before..lol...so not all that noticeable even after the winch.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lowendrider

The Dagger series is on the "light" side for a heavy duty offroad bumper. I went with the stubby version and added a winch with synthetic line at the same time. Trying to keep weight to a minimum was a concern for me. I had also replaced my front springs (14s) with 17s before the install and I still sit 1/2 to 3/4 inch higher than I did with factory bumper and no winch.

I rode around with just the bumper and no winch for a few days and it didn't feel any different than stock. After adding the winch, I could "feel" the extra weight on the front end. That lasted a day or two, now I can't remember what it felt like before..lol...so not all that noticeable even after the winch.
Good to know, I'm replacing my springs before I get a winch. I just want to get the bumper before I do the springs and make sure I wouldn't have rubbing issues

Quick Reply: Anyone have feedback on JCR Offroad?