Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone have experience with Procharger superchargers?

Old 07-22-2014, 04:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have experience with Procharger superchargers?

So the other day I came across an awesome 6.4 Hemi JK. The guy told me he owned a local shop that did the swaps so I looked him up because I was thinking of doing an LS swap sometime over the next year or so. I was driving by the shop and he happened to be outside. He took a few minutes to show me around and they had some pretty sweet builds going on. Long story short is he offered me a pretty good deal on a Procharger Supercharger if I wanted to go that route to hold me over til supercharger time. He said he's anxious to get one on a 3.6 because the kit is relatively new and he hasn't done one yet. I honestly am very very hesitant to go the forced induction route, but I'm curious to see if anyone has any input on Procharger.

Jeep Wrangler JK 3.6L Supercharger System
Old 07-22-2014, 05:09 AM
JK Junkie

What's the cost on these? Do you have a need for an LS or hemi swap or just want one?
Old 07-22-2014, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
What's the cost on these? Do you have a need for an LS or hemi swap or just want one?
I think it was $5400 for the kit. I don't have a need for an LS or Hemi swap, but I've put 50k on my Pentastar this year and I'm never getting rid of this Jeep. I was planning to kill or at least beat the Pentastar for a while and then do the swap. Right now I'm dailying it so reliability is important and I'm afraid that SCing it might make reliability a thing of the past.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by etl330
I think it was $5400 for the kit. I don't have a need for an LS or Hemi swap, but I've put 50k on my Pentastar this year and I'm never getting rid of this Jeep. I was planning to kill or at least beat the Pentastar for a while and then do the swap. Right now I'm dailying it so reliability is important and I'm afraid that SCing it might make reliability a thing of the past.
Ok so as long as things are installed and tubed properly and the right components are installed then superchargers and turbos and stuff like that shouldn't be scary. It's pushing 7psi. Now go throw a turbo charger and push 18-20 psi without proper fuel management and tuning and other things need then that's a different story. These companies put the research into their kits and I'm sure test them for flaws bs reliability.

Now from some threads I have read to me it seems there's not a lot of power increase vs the cost of the kits. I personally think they are very overpriced but they can be since there are only a few manufacturers. It's not like tuner cars where I can build a turbo kit for $2000 and get real power gains
Old 07-22-2014, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

How long from now are you planning for a swap?
I say if your dead set on a swap then save that $5400 and your about half way there. Couod get that swap done a lot sooner. Run that 3.6 into the dirt. I'm thinking I might do a swap also when my jeep is paid.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

I say if your dead set on a swap then save that $5400 and your about half way there. Couod get that swap done a lot sooner. Run that 3.6 into the dirt. I'm thinking I might do a swap also when my jeep is paid.
PMing you details of the deal I was offered
Old 07-22-2014, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X2 on this. I also think if you are putting that high of milage on your jeep every year,, you will definitely shorten the life of that motor. You can't make 50% more power without stressing the parts significantly harder. Run it how it is,, then do the V8 swap of your choice when it quits on you!
Old 07-22-2014, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Procharger is a great company. They have been in the game for a long time secs were the first company to do intercooled blower kits. I'm a mustang guy and they are HUGE in that world.

Sent while plotting to take over the world!
Old 07-22-2014, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with waiting. No point on spending $5400 when you're going to pull the motor next year anyway
Old 07-22-2014, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

I agree with waiting. In my case, I have a 2011 with 25K and a SC will do me right cause of the little mileage I put on it. In your case, you'll burn up the cash on a SC quick since your gonna swap. JM 2 cents of Cajun thoughts........

Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with Procharger superchargers?