Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone have the AFE Exhaust on theirs?

Old 10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have the AFE Exhaust on theirs?

Does anyone have he AFE exhaust on their JK? I am wondering if you have it id you like it? Thanks, Matt
Old 10-21-2008, 03:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had it on mine for almost 4,000miles now. I do like the sound, it sounds like it has the same tone as stock, but louder, if that makes any sense. If you wanna hear it, go to you tube, and search "JK Jeep Exhaust", you should be able to find a few clips of it in there. The guy did one reving it up in his driveway, another of a 0-60 run from inside the jeep, and one merging onto the high way from inside it.

I gotta say though, I don't think I'd buy it again if I had it to do over. I didn't get any performance gain, and it may have actually hurt my mileage slightly. I didn't realize it when I bought it, but its a 3in. system, which in my opinion is to big for a V-6. I'd check into Magnaflow or the new MBRP system. Or go with one of the muffler relocation kits. I think next time around I'm gonna put my stock exhaust back on (saved it) and relocate my muffler using a Hushpower muffler and one of Wood's tailpipe kits.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by afoulk
I've had it on mine for almost 4,000miles now. I do like the sound, it sounds like it has the same tone as stock, but louder, if that makes any sense. If you wanna hear it, go to you tube, and search "JK Jeep Exhaust", you should be able to find a few clips of it in there. The guy did one reving it up in his driveway, another of a 0-60 run from inside the jeep, and one merging onto the high way from inside it.

I gotta say though, I don't think I'd buy it again if I had it to do over. I didn't get any performance gain, and it may have actually hurt my mileage slightly. I didn't realize it when I bought it, but its a 3in. system, which in my opinion is to big for a V-6. I'd check into Magnaflow or the new MBRP system. Or go with one of the muffler relocation kits. I think next time around I'm gonna put my stock exhaust back on (saved it) and relocate my muffler using a Hushpower muffler and one of Wood's tailpipe kits.
We do have a clip of our system on our JK. The you tube link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0th1aiaNXi4

We also decided to go with a 2.5" diameter for optimum performance and sound. We offer these systems in both stainless and aluminized steel. Our stainless systems have a lifetime warranty.

Let me know if you need help with anything at all.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the AFE Exhaust on theirs?