Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone have the ACE JK Rock Sliders?

Old 02-25-2012 | 11:16 AM
JK Junkie
JK-Forum Ambassador

Thanks for the pics guys!!' my JKU is black so maybe it'll be harder to notice no Rubi rails. I think I'll get them and wait until I can get a deal on the Rubi rails.
Old 02-25-2012 | 11:16 AM
JK Junkie
JK-Forum Ambassador

Originally Posted by stevedm
I have them..they look and work well...but mine are rusting from all the welds...and i park indoors at home and at work! They are only a few months old too....its like the welds are not complete and water gets in andout of the tubes.....
Hmmmm 1st I've heard that..,,, have you contacted ACE?
Old 02-25-2012 | 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hear nothing but great things about these and ACE as a company. I'll be adding these after i install my lift. I also bought some rubi rails to pair up.
Old 02-25-2012 | 01:43 PM
JK Freak

i have a set on my 4 door and like them very much. at some point ill be moving to posion spyder's offerings as they give more clearance, but the ace for the money cant be beat.
Old 02-25-2012 | 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepnpr
I'll play!
I also have a Rubi with the ACE rails. These things are AWESOME, easy to install - took me about an hour by myself.
Just ordered their mid width bumper with stinger so I can mount my winch. Later going for their stock width fenders and rear bumper/tire carrier.
Love the ACE products, these things are rock solid, great prices and the lifetime "you bend it we replace it" garauntee is great.
My Rubi without the sliders

Here is my Rubi with rails & ACE sliders

Real NIce!
I can't wait to install mine!
Old 02-25-2012 | 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Seems to me they are great for a cheap option that gives people "the look" of a rock rail and also allows all the Rubicon owners to keep the junky stock rails too. Why they want to do so is beyond me!

If I wanted something that would give real protection in the rocks, they would not be on my list of choices.

ymmv.

Old 02-26-2012 | 02:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by relayer4u
Seems to me they are great for a cheap option that gives people "the look" of a rock rail and also allows all the Rubicon owners to keep the junky stock rails too. Why they want to do so is beyond me!

If I wanted something that would give real protection in the rocks, they would not be on my list of choices.

ymmv.

Luckily you are entitled to your opinion, I will use my experience with them saving my body from damage, came down on them and it worked like its suppose to and they slid down the rock instead of crushing my rocker. I do wish they had some rocker armor though.
Old 02-26-2012 | 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have Adam's Rails , with the stock Rubi rails and I have his flat fenders also. Both are quality pieces of work.
you are asking about strong ? There is another forum with pictures showing Adam picking up one side of the JK with a fork lift by the Rails. I would say thats pretty strong. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0413.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	282300
Old 02-26-2012 | 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's some pics of mine. Love em . Makes it easier for the kids & wife to get in (at least before the lift)!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2011.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	282319 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2013.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	282320
Old 02-26-2012 | 05:24 AM
JK Freak

These look bad ass but im wondering if they will work with my jk that has a 2 inch body lift. Does anyone have pics of these sliders on a jk with a 2 inch body lift?

Quick Reply: Anyone have the ACE JK Rock Sliders?