Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone have the ACE JK Rock Sliders?

Old 02-24-2012 | 03:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default Anyone have the ACE JK Rock Sliders?

Have 2 little kids and need steps but am not liking the stock steps - the rails are on my "before" rubicon now (performing mods before taking delivery - including an AEV 3.5 lift, 35 toyos, and AEV front and rear bumper and winch..and lots of lights...

Below is the before picture...l
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3647294396.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	281802  
Old 02-24-2012 | 03:44 PM
JK Junkie

Jump on the advanced search box and you will find a ton of threads on them. Have beat the crap out of mine and love them!

Old 02-24-2012 | 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

so whats your question? tons of us on here with them, they work awesome, and if you have the rubi rails already, even better as it completes the look and offers some additional protection. Most folks seem to also agree that for a step/rockrail combo, it excels.
Old 02-24-2012 | 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Default ACE JK Rock Sliders

Originally Posted by cg42
Have 2 little kids and need steps but am not liking the stock steps - the rails are on my "before" rubicon now (performing mods before taking delivery - including an AEV 3.5 lift, 35 toyos, and AEV front and rear bumper and winch..and lots of lights...

Below is the before picture...l
I don't have mine yet, but I did order them and they are due in on Monday. As soon as I get them installed I'll take some pics and post.
Old 02-24-2012 | 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sneck
so whats your question? tons of us on here with them, they work awesome, and if you have the rubi rails already, even better as it completes the look and offers some additional protection. Most folks seem to also agree that for a step/rockrail combo, it excels.
I agree. I'm on my way to get some rubi rails to go with mine tomorrow. They work great and my 4 year old uses them as a step.
Old 02-24-2012 | 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sneck
Sorry...newbie to the board! The question was are they solid? (which you answered)...dealer was pushing me toward switching from the rails to the stock step, but I don't like the way they look and don't want to lose the rails...this is my second jeep (after 12 years with a modified disco that just died). I am doing a bunch of mods to build the "jeep of my dreams" (of course the waiting time is killing me)...
Old 02-24-2012 | 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

ace rock sliders are great i have them on my rubicon and they look and work great with the rubi rails ....they are easy to install just have to gring the washers and bolt them up ...my 6 yr old uses them as i step to get in and out of the jeep ...you cant go wrong with ace
Old 02-24-2012 | 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

The stock step works great as a step, but terrible as a rock rail.

I just got my new ACE sliders in today. I will mount them tomorrow on my 2 door JK.

They are really a very solid, quality piece of armor. I too will be mounting rubi rails with these when I can get my hands on a set.

IMHO, you cannot go wrong with these ACE sliders.
Old 02-24-2012 | 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Have 'em. Love 'em. Get 'em!
Old 02-24-2012 | 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Had mine for a few weeks, tested them the day after I got them and am really impressed. Glad I got their front bumper too.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the ACE JK Rock Sliders?