Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

anyone with full traction issues

Old 01-24-2010, 09:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be fine.

As several have stated the problem was with the bushings, which they replaced late last summer.

I have a coworker with this lift kit and I followed the issue through him. I haven't heard any complaints since the issue was resolved.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an earlier FT ultimate 3" kit and while I had my bushings go bad (and it took an unsatisfactory amount of time to get the replacements shipped to me), I must say this kit flexes like mad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flex flex flex flex flex.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:42 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll be fine, 40,000 miles on the same set of coils and shocks with no sagging. I'm running 37's on the 3" coils. If it was sagging. I wouldnt be able to run the tires

Keep the lift greased and you'll be fine. They sold a ton of these kits when the JK came out. With sales like they had, you will find some people thats not happy. It can happen with any lift. hey, Atleast you bought a lift that was made in the USA

Not many can say that

they are still testing out different bushings for people that don't like to grease there lifts.(ie no maintance) I don't know a time frame of when the bushings will be available. They are a ton of happy customers with their products especially the guys running the long arm kit..

Last edited by Piginajeep; 01-25-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2 I've got about 6K on my 6" FTLA and no squeaks, sags, or worn bushings. The kit rides better than stock; and is unbelievable off road! I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Are you planning to install it yourself? I took mine to a builder who was already very familiar with FT. He was able to get the few bushings that are on the LA kit checked by FT before he installed them.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

FT 4" long arm kit on mine with over 20,000 miles on it. I absolutely love it. No issues. I keep the joints greased, no noises that I can hear in the cabin even with windows down or top off. Tons of flex!! with better than stock road manners. Can't ask for more than that.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

I've got almost 25,000 miles on my 3" ultimate lift and no issues. One of the rear joints will start to squeek at around 3,000 miles reminding me it's time to change the oil, rotate the tires, and grease the joints.....
Old 01-25-2010, 10:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I started with a FT 3" econo lift then i added font and rear track bars the springs starded to sag so u have since then upgraded them and last winter about a year ago i added upper and lower control arms front and rear the arms have been making noise for a while now the bushings were shot and the lock nuts were rusted in place so i replaced them with rock krawler arms u should see if u can return the kit look into something different i know rock krawler has different options for all bugets and u cant beat there life time warenty on there control arms
Old 01-26-2010, 03:44 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by NYJKGUY
I started with a FT 3" econo lift then i added font and rear track bars the springs starded to sag so u have since then upgraded them and last winter about a year ago i added upper and lower control arms front and rear the arms have been making noise for a while now the bushings were shot and the lock nuts were rusted in place so i replaced them with rock krawler arms u should see if u can return the kit look into something different i know rock krawler has different options for all bugets and u cant beat there life time warenty on there control arms
Funny how your attitude changed about the lift since the PA show.
if you have spacers and do not have extended bump stops, you caused the coils to over compress and made them fail.

use some anti seize on the locknuts, if you didnt shame on you living in a Salt state. failure to greese will also ruin your bushings.

You cant blame the company for lack of maintance.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 01-26-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:11 AM
JK Junkie

As a whole I don't think there is any issues with the FT lift, I've had mine for about two years. As others have mentioned, it has a built in service indicator, when it squeaks, time to grease it up.

Like anything else, I don't think when you look at nearly any lift kit from top to bottom every component will shine. I've waffled a bit on switching to a new lift, but the reality is that I just want to address a few components. That's not a stab at FT, just that a canned solution isn't going to satisfy every customer.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:35 AM
JK Super Freak

My experience with FT has also been so-so. I had to drill/tap the trackbars to add zerks (only way to lessen the squeaking). I had to replace the rear coils, and I replaced the shocks too - the Nitro shocks were too firm. In my opinion, there are better control arms out there -- easier to adjust, more flex, less squeak.

js.

Quick Reply: anyone with full traction issues