Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: How do you feel about your tires
I have 33's and I'm happy with them
13.46%
I have 33's and I wish I had gotten 35's
9.94%
I have 35's and I'm happy with them
30.45%
I have 35's and I wish I had gotten 37's
19.23%
I have 35's and I'm downgrading to 33's
0.64%
I have 37's and I'm happy with them
16.35%
I have 37's and I wish I had gotten 40's
3.53%
I have 37's and I'm downgrading to a smaller size
1.28%
I have 33's 35's 37's 40's and I'm going back to stock
0.32%
I have the Stock tire size and I'm happy
4.81%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone ever had regrets after getting 37's and go back to 35's?

Old 05-18-2014, 05:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I'm in the market for some new tires and wheels and I just want to get some input on how everyone has felt about their setup. Did you want 33's and go with 35's now your happy? or now 35's are not enough so your going to get 37's. Or Did you just go with 37's and now you had wished you had gone with 35's because of some issue like gas milage, drivetrain etc.... Just curious to see where everyone is on their build.
Hell No, This was taken today!

Matthew
Old 05-18-2014, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

BOOM sweet pic
Old 05-18-2014, 09:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MINX1
BOOM sweet pic
Thanks...

I should have been more helpful to the OP, in my mind , going to 37's is a LOT like building a small house, I say this because I did a ton of research before going to 37's

At least half if not 2/3's of that research wasn't about tires or rims, no. It always seemed to come back to drive trains and the expectations of what you could do in your JK with your new 37's

If your going to be rock crawling and going up and down fairly steep inclines then from the collective advice I got, is that you have to replace your factory axles with stronger ones, then gusset and sleeve them...

Then you might need to replace your drive shafts, depending on who you asked.

While you are at it you pretty much have GOT to regear from your factory gears...

Then while your in there, why not add lockers of some sort...

And then now you can start looking at maybe adding to your lift, or if you haven't lifted your Jeep noes the time when your going to have to add some lift, too much and rolling over becomes a real concern!

By this point a lot of it becomes a question of trade-offs...

Drive it very lightly and just sleeve/guessets and replace components if/when they fail.

Matthew
Old 05-19-2014, 01:43 AM
JK Junkie

The only thing that worry's we is balancing. I have such a problem and get every excuse in the book trying to balance my 35's. Most shops won't even touch them.

The best one "your tires are too big for the machine"
(Hunter road force)
Old 05-19-2014, 04:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
The only thing that worry's we is balancing. I have such a problem and get every excuse in the book trying to balance my 35's. Most shops won't even touch them.

The best one "your tires are too big for the machine"
(Hunter road force)
i goto a to a great local 4x4 shop and I've never had a problem...

call around or do some googling, you'll probably fine a shop that does a lot of 35+ tire balancing.

matthew
Old 05-25-2014, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you to everyone who has posted. I haven't seen my Jeep in about 6 months, get to spend 5 days with it next week, then leave it again for another month. I've got about 60% tread left on my KM2s and been debating on bumping up to 37s to fill up the wheel wells a bit better with my 4" Long Arm and 1" pucks + flat fenders. I think after reading this (and discussing with the pregger wife) I'll be staying with 35s. 35s seem to be a great size as you can run some gnarly trails with some great driving, and still have fun cruising the fire roads and playing in ditches.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Hell no!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2686093711.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	555479
Old 05-25-2014, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TipsEZ
Thank you to everyone who has posted. I haven't seen my Jeep in about 6 months, get to spend 5 days with it next week, then leave it again for another month. I've got about 60% tread left on my KM2s and been debating on bumping up to 37s to fill up the wheel wells a bit better with my 4" Long Arm and 1" pucks + flat fenders. I think after reading this (and discussing with the pregger wife) I'll be staying with 35s. 35s seem to be a great size as you can run some gnarly trails with some great driving, and still have fun cruising the fire roads and playing in ditches.
Congratulations on the baby on the way!

Save your money, 37's aren't for everyone.

I don't think enough people sit down and make an honest budget of how much going to 37's really costs...

when you add it all up, and then set aside some extra for surprises you run into along the way, it really adds up!

Quick Reply: Anyone ever had regrets after getting 37's and go back to 35's?