Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone ever bend an ARB bumper?

Old 01-01-2013, 11:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone ever bend an ARB bumper?

I was yanking (understatement) my friend's Tahoe out of the mud a couple of days ago and realize today that my rear ARB bumper is bent. I was using the D shackle, but instead of using a stretchable snatch strap, we were using a tow strap and I had to yank him like 6 times to get him unstuck. The jeep took a beating. His truck was lower down a hill a little, so the bumper was being yanked downwards. Since its bolted on with 5 bolts, I'm trying to figure out if the frame bent or just the bumper. Any thoughts? I'm going to jack it up using only the bumper to see if that will bend it back. I may also back up against a telephone pole, which I've been told may work. It moved about 3/4". Thanks.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Okay, it turns out it wasn't bent. I just loosened the 5 bolts holding it on and it pushed back into place. It had moved within the play of the bolt holes only. I'm back in business!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobholthaus
Okay, it turns out it wasn't bent. I just loosened the 5 bolts holding it on and it pushed back into place. It had moved within the play of the bolt holes only. I'm back in business!
Same thing happened to me first time I tried to pull someone out with my smittybilt xrc

Quick Reply: Anyone ever bend an ARB bumper?