Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone else runing a fumoto oil drain valve?

Old 02-28-2011, 10:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone else runing a fumoto oil drain valve?

I just installed a fumoto oil drain valve on my 2011 jk. I haven't seen these discussed here before which surprises me because I know a lot of you do your own maintenance. It basicly replaces your drain plug with a little faucet. When you drain oil you just turn the valve instead of messing with a wrench and removing a plug. No tools required and you can attach a hose to the valve and route it right into a drain pan, avoiding driveway mess. I had one on my last vehicle and liked the convenience, but also that rig also had a better protected oil pan recessed into the engine bay.

Now I'm getting ready to order an oil pan skid and I'll have to weld a small extension to the back of it to cover the fumoto valve. My wheeling is almost all mud/sand/swamp so protection from rocks is not such an issue, but I will play it safe anyway!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for one of these to run with my new skid, this seems like it's the only thing that'll work with my skid. Mind if I ask where you got yours from? Thanks.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:08 PM
JK Newbie

I have a ranch here in Southern Colorado, and getting to & from town involves 16+ miles of dirt roads. Snow & ice in the winter, mud in the spring & fall, and a washboard road all summer.

I've had a Fumoto on one of my 7.3 4x4 F250 C.C. for close to 5 years now. Never so much as 1 drip of leakage in that length of time! Been buried up to the axel's more than I would care to count, with the valve deep in mud / snow. Had to be pulled out with a ft end loader several times. Still no leaks!!

I love these things, and will be getting one ASAP after I pick up the new Rubicon this month!

Respects,

Richard
Old 05-30-2011, 11:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

These things are great. I have had one on my Rubicon for about a year now and no problems at all. Just make sure you protect it with a skid plate.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DTJK
I'm looking for one of these to run with my new skid, this seems like it's the only thing that'll work with my skid. Mind if I ask where you got yours from? Thanks.
I believe the manufacturer is the only distributor of these. If you Google it you can find their webpage easily.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:53 AM
JK Junkie

Here you go guys:

w w w dot quickoildrainvalve.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=102

Old 05-31-2011, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

HORROR STORY. I ran one in my LJ, well one day going down the I-5 it decided to open and empty all my oil out of the engine. Luckily I noticed it and stopped on the side of the road befor I was running I a dry engine. I was convinced when I put it on that "There is no way that thing will open unless I want it to!" well I was wrong. So just be careful and make sure it dosent ware out on you.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

So it's f106n what I need? I want to order it asap. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Anyone else runing a fumoto oil drain valve?