Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone with a custom exhaust on a CRD JKU?

Old 11-28-2011, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pmaia
Great job..

I have 2011 Rubicon CRD. It has particle filter and CAT. I would like to eliminate both, but keep without problems or error messages!! Is it possible?
I'm not sure about your model but mine has no sensors in the exhaust system which means you can do what you want! And the particle filter restricts it so much. It should only have one particle filter after the turbo by the way and a rear muffler. Worth the money for sure. And I'm pretty sure fuel economy should improve but hasn't been on long enough yet.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for answer..
Will try to see if there is any sensor...
My 2011 has 200 hp from factory.. But I think the particle filter is affecting the perfomance... Donīt know how they have those HP values!!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default Video of finished exhaust system.

The completed system is 3' dump pipe with no particle filter, running into to the standard 2.5 inch system to the rear where I have replaced it with a straight through 2.5" muffler with mandrel bends and a 3 inch tip.

http://youtu.be/1bbbmT2MKa4
Old 11-29-2011, 12:19 AM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1571804591.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	243359

Blacked out with Hi Temp Matt Black paint.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:39 AM
JK Newbie

Good job.. Great sound!!!

Hope I can eliminate particle filter and cat from mine, so I can put this sound and have better response
Old 11-29-2011, 02:41 AM
JK Newbie

Sounds the goods Doneanddone.

Pmaia,

I'm keen to hear how you go eliminating the DPF, I've got a 2011 setup (DPF, sensors etc) and will require a custom exhuast due to the up and coming suspension work. Will most likely keep the DPF though for compliance reasons, while ditching the muffler unless drone becomes an issue.

Cheers,
B.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

By the way if the sensor is before the DPF then you should be fine removing it. If your in Australia there is no legislation then says you have to have one "technically" the guy that did mine was so confident I'd never get booked he swore he'd pay my fine if I got busted!!

Quick Reply: Anyone with a custom exhaust on a CRD JKU?