Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone bedline their JK tub?

Old 07-24-2009, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone bedline their JK tub?

I live in Texas and am thinking about just leaving the bikini on year round. However the interior does get wet sometimes and I am worried about what might get damaged long term?

I am worried about moisture in the carpet etc and was wondering if anyone has tore out the carpet and bed lined the interior instead? Other than unscrewing the seats etc are there any problems in doing this?

Let me know your thoughts, tricks, experiences, etc etc
Old 07-24-2009, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Octogoogles
I live in Texas and am thinking about just leaving the bikini on year round. However the interior does get wet sometimes and I am worried about what might get damaged long term?

I am worried about moisture in the carpet etc and was wondering if anyone has tore out the carpet and bed lined the interior instead? Other than unscrewing the seats etc are there any problems in doing this?

Let me know your thoughts, tricks, experiences, etc etc

Dude, are you serious?? This topic has been covered at least 10 zillion times on here. Try searching first.

Here's the results of searching for 'Hurculiner', a common DIY roll-on bedliner method....https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sear...archid=3138867

Or search for Line-X or Duplicolor or Tuff Skin or Rhino Lining.......I don't meat to hate on you but yowzers!!

And you just gave me my 1001st post!!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

do it, you'll be the first and therefore coolest.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

dude relax the search isnt that good anyway and i been thinking of doing the same i cant stand damn water and smell in my jeep
Old 08-08-2009, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm getting Rhino lined in two weeks. But, I have to gut the JK. I need get the wiring that runs around the upper walls of tub off (to suspend them) and then eventually by on.
When trying to remove the wire zip-tie thingies, I can't pull them from the tub wall, and I think I'm going to break them.
I'm thinking I might just go ahead and cut the wire hanger, zip-tie things off before getting the JK sprayed, but I don't what those things are called, or where to get them. I've searched for these parts and can't find anything.
How did you guys do this?
Old 08-08-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do it! you def would be the first!!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:20 PM
JK Newbie

Post spray on bedliner

qwikliner
Old 08-24-2009, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

PoPo343 and i are going to spray/roll my tub on friday Not sure if it will be Duplicolor or Hurculiner yet
Still for $100 it beats the wet smell of carpet!!!
Anyone done this in a cold climate? Just wondering if it made any difference during winter...

Quick Reply: Anyone bedline their JK tub?